Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SIR??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIR??????
    Posted: December 16 2003 at 2:06pm
Have you ever been somewhere and someone- usually a guy (sorry guys)- called you a sir? There is this guy at this gas station that I frequent alot that kept calling me "sir". I let it go on for awhile and then this morning I had to say something. Actually I didnot have to say anything at all! I got out of my car to pump the gas myself- something that I had rarely did before. He looked at me and smiled and said:" You are a female". I told him yes- the last time I checked I was! I had to laugh! The look on his face was priceless!!!!! I told him to have a nice day and got back in my car and left! Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Just a wondering! Have a nice day! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 9:42am
I have never been called "sir" by anyone, even though I wear my hair in a short-short afro. Even when I shaved my head bald no one mistook me for a man.
It's true, I always wear earrings and makeup, but still only an idiot or a fool would think a woman with short hair is a man or a man with long hair is a woman.
Giles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 10:31am
Well, BaldJasmine, it does happen even with non-idiots. I have been sitting in a resturant and had a server come up saying "What will it be ladies?" before noticing that one long hair at the table had a beard.

I now wear my hair shorter, since it kept getting caught in the computer hardware I work on.
Giles
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2003 at 1:26am
Unfortunately, I've only been taken for a guy a couple of times that I can recall. Once I was wearing make-up and dangly earrings, and it was in a crowded toy store at Christmas time. A mother told her child to get out of the way so "he" could get by, in reference to me. The only other time I can recall was last year around Christmas time, actually (do I look more masculine in Winter or something?) and we were getting last-minute dinner components. I was wearing a sloppy, oversized wolf sweatshirt and no make-up, and an older man edged by me in the store, saying, "Excuse me, sir."
I'm into androgyny, though, so actually I wish I were mistaken more often rather than being upset when it does happen.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic