Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trying to get g/f to take the plunge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FrankSSR View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankSSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trying to get g/f to take the plunge
    Posted: December 31 2003 at 5:37pm
HI, I guess you could say i have a hair fetish and i like long hair but i enjoy cutting it the most and my girlfriend has waist length blonde hair and i was wondering if there was anyway to try and convince her to get her hair cut shorter ( to chin length bob or shorter) and do you have any suggestions to helping me convince her to cut her hair? thanks in advance
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2003 at 9:53pm
Ask her. If shes dead against it, dont push it. Its just hair. If shes continplating, then make it a fun bet or trade off or give her a gift certificate to an upscale salon. Just dont press your luck, hair isn't worth it.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 3:28am
Definitely don't approach it in a way that could even remotely be seen as creepy or fetishy, at first. Just start off by maybe pointing out a short-haired celeb you find attractive, and saying you think her hair is really nice. If you can do it in a gentle, non-frightening way, you might even suggest your girlfriend might look good in a similar style. If nothing else, she'll know what you like and a dialogue can be opened about it, so you'll each know where the other stands on the topic. But if she's not interested, you really shouldn't try to pressure or force her. If she thinks you're trying to control her hairstyle she's likely to resent you.
More awesome than a manatee!
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 4:16am
Just show her a photo of Halle Berry or Alyssa Milano.
If she doesn't want to look like that there is something wrong with her.
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 12:21pm
As someone that had long hair for a long time I can probably relate to your girlfriend. There are a lot of people who seem to think they have the right to tell you what you should and should not do with your hair. When your hair is short they tell you that you should grow it out. When it is really long they tell you that you should cut it, "get it styled" (implying that long hair has no style), "update your look" (implying long hair is out of date) etc. It gets really annoying. If her hair is really long then I'm certain she has heard plenty of these subtle and not so subtle hints before and resisted them. She will see through your subtle hints as well.

Our hair is a part of us and what we do with it is very personal. Respect that. First find out what she likes about long hair. Does she particularly like her hair long or just hate getting it cut? Has she ever had shorter hair and if so, what did she think of it then? Answers to these questions will tell you how you might approach the subject.

You might first try to appreciate her long hair before you try to lop it off. Try to understand her as she is before you try to change her. I'm guessing you don't because you are asking us (a bunch of strangers) instead of her.

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it probably does. If you have a hair fetish so be it. We all have our things that turn us on. But don't let that overshadow getting to know her as a person and not a head of hair to fulfill your fantasies.

Bronnie

Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 12:30pm
I like the idea of discussing celebrity women who have short hair with your lady, and how you think they are adorable.

She may get the hint.

It really depends on the woman. I have always told the women I am with, in a non-pushy, non-threatning way, that I really adore attractive short hairstyles on a woman, but I have made it clear that their hair wasn't the most important thing about a woman. Don't let your fetish get in the way of a good relationship.

I'm fortunate in that the woman I am dating at the moment wore her hair very short long before she met me, and she prefers to wear her hair short, so it works out good for both of us.
HunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 5:09pm
don't force her if she doesn't want to, some people who go from long to short soon start to miss their long hair. Ask her, if she doesn't want to then let it go
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 9:01pm
Be honest with her.

Tell her you will love her no matter what her hair length but tell her straight up that you think women with short hair are extremely attractive. That you find it a sexy, adorable style and that you think she would look great in it.
Mention how short hair brings out a woman's features better and that your lady has the features for a short haired look. Mention how you also believe that short hair on a lady signifies a very modern, liberated woman, which you find becoming in a lady.

Don't use the word fetish. Don't scare her. Accentuate the positive in the short haired look. Use examples, as mentioned, of female celebrities who wear short hair.

I wear my hair very short and I appreciate it when men describe to me what clothes or hair they find fashionable on me. My fella Brent likes my hair short and has freely exprssed this to me. It so happens I agree with him, I like my hair short too.

You never know, just maybe your lady will want to be a short haired woman as well. If not, then at least you were honest and tried.
If you really love her it is important to be honest with her.
If you really love her it is also important you don't let your hair preference interfer with your relationship.

If your relationship is strong and genuine it should be able to stand some honesty on this issue.

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 11:21pm
I agree with Jasmine, it is ok to be honest about your likes and dislikes.

One thing though, when you mention to her how you like short hair on women, mention it casually during conversation, like if you like short black dresses on a lady you might say,"Doesn't that woman look great in that short black dress! Gee I really like it when women wear short black skirts or dresses, I really think it is a sexy style!" You know, you could say to her if you are driving down the street and you see a woman with a cute short hairstyle just say to her,"Wow, that sure is a cute look on that woman! I really love cute short hairstyles on women. They look so pretty and sexy in those sorts of short haircuts!" You know, don't confront her, but let her know through conversation that you like those hairstyles on women.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 7:27am
If I had a nickel for every time I read in the hair bloopers or general hair talk section about a girl whose boyfriend talked her into cutting her hair and then how she resented him for it and the relationship ended.......

If you have made the comment to her that you like short hair and she hasn't responded, then pack your stuff and go find a girl who enjoys short hair. Or seek therapy to overcome the fetish.

Don't get me wrong. I am a total supporter of short hair - I think it is way sexy and cool...but it should be a decision brought on by the owner. I know how girls can be, they can be easily swayed if they want to please their man...but they can be equally resentful of them later.

The boyfriend/girlfriend bond is way to dissolvable to ask for such a change.

jacqui

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 8:37am
No one needs therapy if they have a short hair or long hair fetish. It is harmless, it isn't something destructive like a rapist or pedophilia. And we all have our fetishes or preferences. That's life. Should we all go to therapy? That's absurd.

I still think you should just mention to her, just in a passing conversation, that you love short hair on women.
Sooner or later most women try a short hairstyle anyway. Most of the women I know have tried a short hairstyle.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 2:39am
I think suggesting therapy for a fetish is going overboard. Maybe if it were an overwhelming obsession, like if a guy couldn't get it up with a long-haired woman or physically threw up whenever he saw one, that would require therapy. But just a normal, harmless fetish doesn't hurt anyone.
And if the girlfriend is really dead-set against cutting her hair, they could always just play with wigs in the bedroom, as a compromise.
More awesome than a manatee!
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 5:39pm
If you have always been attracted to short haired women, why did you start up a relationship with a long haired woman? It is nice that you looked beyond appearance and I'm sure you are compatable in other ways, but it doesn't seem fair to expect her to change for you. Most women who grow out their hair that long are doing it by preference, so I'd be surprised if she suddenly changed her mind. It doesn't hurt to suggest it, but don't be surprised if she rejects the idea or is even offended. Make sure to remind her that you think she looks beautiful either way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 8:57pm
Yeah go find a short haired woman like Jenna said!
Jenna, if that is a photo of you, well you are really beautiful!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic