Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ultra short cut needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ultra short cut needed
    Posted: January 04 2004 at 2:40pm
hi i am looking for a new hair style,my hair at the moment is sholder lenght dark and boring,iam after something easy 2 manage exciting and very short ne ideas please thanks kym
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 11:11pm
You would look great in a pixie, a short crop cut, ...you know maybe like Alyssa Milano or Jamie Lee Curtis. You are pretty so it would work for you!
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 7:44am
I agree a pixie would look very good on you, I think short bangs would look nice too...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 2:13pm
I'm African-American and wear my hair in a very short afro. I don't think a lady as lovely as yourself can go wrong in a short hair style.

Go to a salon and talk with an experienced stylist. See what he or she suggests.

Check short haired websites on the net too for some ideas.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 11:03pm
I'll second the Jamie Lee Curtis idea-- the haircut she got in _Freaky Friday_ was especially nice because it was youthful and fun. But if you don't like something quite that short, there are longer styles that are kinda flippy or spiky. That might be nice, too.
More awesome than a manatee!
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 10:32am
thanks 2 u all ive got some real good ideas,i like the idea of the afro type style,what do u think it cropped off with a #2 with a fringe?
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 12:27pm
I love the idea KYM of you going that short with your hair I think it would be delightful, but how are you going to get an "afro" type of ultra short crop that is that short, when your hair is so straight and Caucasion?
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 1:48am
hi,it wouldnt look like a afro i ment my hair would be like short as it,like cut wiv clippers #2 or 1 wat do u think of that
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 2:43am
Just be careful-- if you make that drastic a change all at once there's a chance you might feel guilty about it after. . . kind of like "buyers' remorse" but with hair. . . Might be a better idea to try something more moderate first and go shorter later, if you feel comfortable with it. If you're dead-set on the buzz and feel like you'll be able to handle any possible adverse reactions from either yourself or others, though, you can go for it.
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 7:36am
yes very ture about a drastic change,i think i may go for a short spiky crop at first if i dont like it then i could go shorter,ne way iam booked in for sat so il let u know what ive decided thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 3:47pm
If you do want it cut ultra short like a short afro I think that is wonderful. Let us know what you decide.
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 11:49am
hi ya all this is the end result,what do ya think,ive not gone too short at the moment but i like it better shorter,do u think i should go shorter or not?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 1:18pm
It's adorable kym! I love it, you look sooo beautiful!
To be honest, yes you could have even gone shorter but one step at a time. You are doing fine girl! Best wishes!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 1:19pm
Very hot.

Could you post that before picture again? You really got a lot of hair cut off. It would be tough to go shorter than your picture, but if you like it short, then take advantage of trying different hairstyles. If you cut it even shorter and don't like it, it will be this long in a month or two.
kym69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kym69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 3:05pm
here is a b4 and after pic, yes thats true it dont take long 2 grow i may aswell go shorter now i guess,how short do ya think i should go?
ballet dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballet dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 6:04pm
Looks good. :)
Go for it change is good. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 8:28pm
You would look great in a short pixie.

Go on one of Alyssa Milano's websites and look at her hair, or photos of her hair that have been posted on the celebrity board here on Hair Talk. She has the prettiest short pixie!

It would look good on you too!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2004 at 10:33pm
I'd just keep the current one for a month or two and play with it a while before deciding whether to go shorter or not. No sense wasting a perfectly good haircut when there's plenty you could do to play with it, with like little clippies or hairpins or stick-on jewels or whatever :-) .
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2004 at 1:35pm
Great cut... still think you would look wonderful with short bangs... But still looks 1000% better good for you!
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2004 at 5:42pm
Wonder if miss kym69 decided to go with a shorter style?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic