Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

choppy/spikey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deklynn55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deklynn55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: choppy/spikey
    Posted: May 09 2004 at 8:49pm
hey Im new here and I dont have short hair...yet, its actually like 5 or 6 inches past my shoulders. The thing is, i never really wanted it long, i was just too lazy to do anything with it. I wear it the same everyday ...down and its staight oh its like a medium brown color. anyway...the point is I want it short, and Im totally ready for it to be short. Im in high school and I want something really choppy and like spikey, but not really like hmmm...loud, im kinda conservative but i cant find any pics in the galleries. I have a kinda ovalish face with a very obvious jaw line. I have no idea how to do anything with hair or what products would be needed. any help with pictures would be much appreciated. Thank you
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 9:14pm
Hi!

Have your hair cut at a good beauty salon. Let them know what style you are looking for and what products to use. Don't try to do it yourself or have a friend do it. Having short hair is different than trimming long hair.
Have it done right.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 2:51am
Maybe try to look around Japanese hair sites, as they often have a lot of choppy styles.
More awesome than a manatee!
deklynn55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deklynn55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 2:34pm
Thank you all for your replies. I do like japanese style hair, but im afraid it wouldnt look very good a solid brown color. I wouldnt attempt to cut anything so drastic myself...haha if i messed up id be too mad at myself, better to be mad at someone else. anyway ive found this picture and i am unsure of what the style might be called if it has a name so i could search for it. I like this almost exactly but i was wondering if that length would look bad spiked all around the head, not just in the back. I would like that length and style but with kindof a long piece or lock or whatever hanging down on one side in the front. kinda looking for a picture with the hair spiked all around head..if anyone knows of any other galleries for short hair, thatd be super or if you know the name of the style im refering to. Thank you in advance and for the previous suggestions - Deklynn
deklynn55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deklynn55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 2:52pm
oh boy, i feel pretty dumb now...i forgot to post the link to the pic....well here it is

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail.asp?ID=5322

hmmm how do you get tat as a hyperlink
deklynn55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deklynn55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 2:53pm
urgh...i guess it just shows up huh
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 3:51am
I suppose if you can't find everything you like in one picture, take in several different pictures, each with an example of an element you'd like to incorporate, and sit down to discuss with the stylist what you like and how you'd like to see it come together.
More awesome than a manatee!
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 5:19pm
Hey was up,I'm in H.S. to and I also want my hair cut short but like Mary J. Blige has hers.My hair is like a little bit above shoulder length.But anyway I like that cut in that pic but not on me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic