Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Information does not exist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information does not exist
    Posted: May 17 2004 at 8:15am
Information does not exist

Edited by lovebobs - February 18 2011 at 8:22am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 6:28am
Probably normal and weather-related. I notice more short-haired women here in the summer, as it gets hot here, too (though probably not as hot as where you are). Unfortunately, they seem to disappear as soon as the weather starts to turn, so you just have to enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.
More awesome than a manatee!
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 2:11am
It happens in the north too in the summer, more women cut their hair short or ultra-short.
I would say however that the majority of women who wear short hair like I do wear their hair short all year long though.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 9:09pm
More women cutting their hair short?

That's good news!
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 8:53pm
Yeah I know right,because I don't see anything wrong with short hair,actually I love short hair and would rather choose having short over long hair any day.As a matter of fact I'll be getting my hair cut soon because I'm black and my hair is shoulder length,like it hits me right on the top of my shoulders but I want it shorter than that especially since summer is right around the corner being that I live in New York.But yeah I love how a cute short cut looks.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 9:36pm
Hi Hotsauce!

I'm a Black woman too, and I also love wearing my hair short. I wear a short natural afro, cut close to the head.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2004 at 7:12am
The first time I read this post I thought it was sort of ridiculous but after spending a week in the Bahamas I think there may be something to it. Being the first week of June, everywhere we went their were collage kids and some High schoolers and I noticed more above the shoulders styles than I have EVER seen on this traditionally long straight haired group. Lots of layers, lots of flips and a HUGE number of bobs.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2004 at 8:33pm
Bob cuts on women are practically mandatory it seems here in the Chicago area.

I kid you not, one-third to one-half of the women over the age of 18 wear some sort of bob cut in Chicagoland, from very short bobs to nearly shoulder length.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

The first time I read this post I thought it was sort of ridiculous but after spending a week in the Bahamas I think there may be something to it. Being the first week of June, everywhere we went their were collage kids and some High schoolers and I noticed more above the shoulders styles than I have EVER seen on this traditionally long straight haired group. Lots of layers, lots of flips and a HUGE number of bobs.

Hi Hal,

I don't think that your finding represents evidence of a trend. Rather, I think it's more reflective of the average or typical hair length/style of a given area. A Bahamian visiting your hometown might come away with the opposite impression you had (when you visited the Bahamas). Neither would be accurate.

In my travels I have noticed regional differences in average/typical hair lengths, even here within the U.S.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 7:12am
As always Dave, I beg to differ with you. As I'm sure you can remember from your collage days, the first week of June is get out to town time.

Most always but especially this time of the year, there are almost NO Bahamians in the clubs near the tourist areas. Nearly everyone is on vacation an either cruised or flew there from all over the US. I'm not going to claim a huge trend but a definite shift for this group from the same time 2 years ago.
Kevin C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2004 at 7:44pm
Lovebobs, it is that time of year to see new short haircuts on the ladies. A number of women have graduated from college and the teen girls are out of school. It is the time that if they are so inclined, they experiment with a shorter style because they have the whole summer for it to grow out before the fall if they do not like it.
My wife and I own a duplex and we have a couple of girls in their mid 20's renting the 2 bedroom unit next door that moved in a few months ago. One walked over last night after supper when I was giving my wife a haircut to mention water from the upstairs bathroom was dripping from the kitchen ceiling. (It was an easy fix, I tightened the wood wedge in wall behind the bathtub faucet). She apologized for interupting us but my wife told her it was no bother, to come on in. Well Terri told me about the leak, which I told her I would look at when I was done, then she just kinda stared quietly while I finished my wife's haircut. I gave her a bob to the bottom of her ears, cut wet, very precise with a part to the right side. As I finished Terri was playing with her hair which was dirty blond , which fell to just below her collar bone and mentioned she too was due for a cut, but had been too busy to make an appointment. I blow-dryed my wife's hair and Terri commented that it looked fantastic. I took the cape off of my wife's shoulders and then I said, "Next!". Terri looked surprised and my wife told her, "Well go ahead....sit down, by the way, he gives a great haircut". Terri asked if I was sure and then sat in the chair while I placed the cape around her shoulders. I picked up the spritz bottle and the comb and asked her, "what will it be?" She told me the same as my wife. I sectioned it, cut it and then took the blow dryer and brushed it out. Afterwards I handed her the mirror and said, "Wow, I love it." She got up and she and my wife did the touching thing with each other's hair. Each commented on how great they each looked. While I may be prejudiced, being I did the cutting, both women do look absolutely fabulous! Both are very attractive, have great figures, great facial bone structure and the haircuts really complimented their features. About then Randi came over to see what happened to Terri and to remind me of the leak. Well she saw Terri and said her haircut looked really cute on her. Terri said, "Then go for it." Randi looked at her own reddish brown hair which reached to the bottom of her bra strap and said she could never go that short. I told her whatever she wanted, it was OK with me, I like bobs but it is her hair and she must decide what she would be comfortable with. Well I trimmed a 1/2" off her ends and her bangs. She was very happy. By the way, the ladies cleaned up and put away the cape, etc., while I got out my tools and fixed the leak. Afterwards, when I walked back into the living room where they were all sitting and said, "Wow, you ladies look stunning!" They all said, "Thank you Kevin." at the same time and started laughing. My wife got up and got me a glass of the wine they were sharing and said that the handyman earned it tonight. She said I was worth keeping around. I too love a crisp bob, but you have to respect the ladies' wishes too. Like the old Meatloaf song, "Two out of three ain't bad".
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

As always Dave, I beg to differ with you. As I'm sure you can remember from your collage days, the first week of June is get out to town time.

Most always but especially this time of the year, there are almost NO Bahamians in the clubs near the tourist areas. Nearly everyone is on vacation an either cruised or flew there from all over the US. I'm not going to claim a huge trend but a definite shift for this group from the same time 2 years ago.

Okay Hal, thanks for clarifying your initial comment. I understand what you're saying now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic