Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - advice for the girl living in the middle of nowhere
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

advice for the girl living in the middle of nowhere

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jenn-jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenn-jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice for the girl living in the middle of nowhere
    Posted: May 20 2004 at 1:00am
Hi everyone! I couldn't help but get excited when I found this place. I get bored with my hair extremly fast and can't find a stylist that wants to try anything exciting.

I'm really trying to grow my hair out (for a Halloween costume), but right now its what I consider short. Just to my shoulders and I'm so sick of it. I've worn it in a ponytail for the last three weeks. So I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on what to do with it? I don't want to go Super Short, but I figure if I go shorter right now it could still grow out for Halloween.

The bad part is that I don't have a lot of time to work with my ahir on a daily basis. Truthfully, I'm also really bad styling my hair. The last time I got it cut my stylist gave me this preppy look (the whole flipped out thing) and it looked good, but I never got it to look like that again. So simple and funky is up my league....

I know I'm asking for the sun, but any advice is apperciated. I've tried asking the stylists, but when you live in the middle of no where they aren't to keen on trying new things....

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 2:25am
I suck at hairstyling, too :-P . The times my hair's been long all I cared about was to keep it out of the way, so a pony or braid or something is about all I ever bothered to do :-P . When it was bobbed I would do a little ponytail or braid at each side just to get it out of the way. Sometimes I'd marker them blue or green or put beads on them, but nothing too fancy. *shrugs* The fanciest things I can ever recall doing with my hair were to do a sort of French braid (sort of, because I can't do a good one :-P ) across the front from one side to the other, and the times I'd twist it back all around the edges with hairpins, and either make a tiny bun at the nape or try to tuck the ends in with more hairpins. Right now my hair is at a length I just bend over, shake my head around, stand up and smooth out any sticky-outy bits, and it generally looks fine. Some days I put in decorative hairpins, clippies, headbands, velcro jewels, or some other sort of hair accessories to make it more fun and interesting, though. Accessories can do a lot with very little knowledge.
More awesome than a manatee!
Britney15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Britney15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 9:24pm
"Kuroneko says" I suck at hairstyling, too :-P Oh really because in your picture you have short hair so how can you style your hair if its short especially since you have a boys hair cut like you have
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 9:56pm
You are being a little rude Britney. What you said to Kuroneko wasn't necessary. Lots of women wear their hair short, it doesn't mean they have a "boys cut", it means they have a short female cut.

jenn-jenn,
You really need to go to a good salon. If you live out in the middle of nowhere, drive, or have someone drive you to a nearby large town or city and go to a good beauty salon. Many women in small towns, just like big cities, where short hairstyles like bobs or pixies.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 4:53am
Don't feed the trolls, and maybe they'll just starve to death on their own, that should be the board's new motto :-P . Or maybe that should just be my new sig. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 1:07pm
Agree Kuroneko. But just for the record you CAN style really short hair all sorts of ways (just look at Sharon Stone if you don't believe me). It is lots more fun and versatile than long hair IMHO.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2004 at 8:06pm
What did you do Jenn-Jenn? Did you get your hair cut?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic