Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New here.. LOVE this site.. HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
luvSHORThair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here.. LOVE this site.. HELP!
    Posted: May 26 2004 at 3:00am
Hey all...

I have had my hair short for some time. I thought about growing it out for a few months and MISSED my short hair soo much... I need a new short dew. My picture is included in my profile.. Its alittle longer now but same style just about 2 inches longer! ITS driving me crazy!! I have a style I might try from the syles on here. I will post it here.. tell me what you think. I want trendy but I have no idea what yet..

Tell me what you think!!
Amy
Zebra with spots instead of stripes ;)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 8:34am
Check out the "Edie Falco" thread in the Celebrity section above. I think Edie looks great with her short pixie cut and I think that you would look great also. Mark
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 2:48pm
THANKS soo much for the reply... I didn't think anyone had responded and I thought maybe I looked trollish ..

What about this haircut? It says its trendy but is it?

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail.asp?Colors=1&Textures=1&Lengths=1&btnSearch=Search&offset=60&Genders=1&SortBy=0&Styles=255&FaceShapes=255&ID=5376

I know I will be getting a new cut in the next 2ish days.. I will defianlty check out the Edie Falco cuts.. I love short hair but at times it can be soo limiting.. but I reallt dislike longer hair on myself, so off to find a new doo... Thanks for all your help.. If anyone else has anything to add or say or any thing.. let me know... I usually take pictures with me to the salon but most of the time I am speech less ( this is a rare thing) on how to get the actual CUT i want.. Any tips?

Thanks for any replys!

Amy
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 7:39pm
I think that looks great but it's difficult to tell looking down on it. I like this one

http://www.haircuts.ru/foto/pixie/pixie001.jpg

but if you're not that brave, this one is just a bit shorter than the one you picked

http://www.haircuts.ru/foto/pixie/pixie013.jpg

I think you've got great features and could pull off a pixie or a crop.

Mark
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 9:10pm
Ohhhhhh THOSE are totally HOT!!

VERY cute!! I thought the same thing about the other picture i put up... kinda hard to tell what he hair looks like without looking right at her...

Oh I love short hair.. I'm going to have to ponder which I am daring enough to get! I love em thos and they are both very good suggestions.. Do you have suggestions on finding a salon.. Do I call and ask if they have a hairdresser who specializes in womyn haircuts thats are short? I had a hairdresser but the last time I went to her, i ended up asking her 3 different times to take it shorter.. finally I just felt like a witch and just paid.. LOL

So.. Do you think calling around and asking specifically if they have a stylist who likes doing short hair on womyn...??

It was soo cool of you to take the time to put those pictures up! You rock!
Thanks for saying I have nice facial features too... very sweet!

So now that I have talked your ear off.. let me know if you or anyone as any thought about the stylist thing..

hugs,
Amy
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 9:57pm
hey i'd just like to say that i reckon that you'd pull a great short crop please send me before and after photos of your new do go for the first photo
Originally posted by luvSHORThair luvSHORThair wrote:

Ohhhhhh THOSE are totally HOT!!

VERY cute!! I thought the same thing about the other picture i put up... kinda hard to tell what he hair looks like without looking right at her...

Oh I love short hair.. I'm going to have to ponder which I am daring enough to get! I love em thos and they are both very good suggestions.. Do you have suggestions on finding a salon.. Do I call and ask if they have a hairdresser who specializes in womyn haircuts thats are short? I had a hairdresser but the last time I went to her, i ended up asking her 3 different times to take it shorter.. finally I just felt like a witch and just paid.. LOL

So.. Do you think calling around and asking specifically if they have a stylist who likes doing short hair on womyn...??

It was soo cool of you to take the time to put those pictures up! You rock!
Thanks for saying I have nice facial features too... very sweet!

So now that I have talked your ear off.. let me know if you or anyone as any thought about the stylist thing..

hugs,
Amy
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 11:18pm
Taking pictures helps more than anything. I've always had the worst luck when trying to explain with words :-P . I've never called around to ask if a salon has anyone specifically for short hair, but considering most stylists I've seen in the past try to talk one down from very short hair, I guess it couldn't hurt. *shrugs*
If the pic you like doesn't have a good angle, gather pics of various similar styles and hopefully between them a more complete idea can come together.
And if you get bored with short hair, stock up on various styling products and cute accessories :-) . You can experiment with texture, spikes, glitter, temporary gel-in pinks, blues, greens, etc., and any sort of headbands, velcro jewels, hair clippies, etc. that will stay in your hair. Have lots of fun and play with your hair, and you shouldn't get bored very easily :-) .
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 2:26am
I agree... Although I Biaaatch and complain about the lack of things to do with my hair, i don't think I have reeally been very ummm, creative with the different things I could do.. So Thanks for reminding me to stay ever creative!!

Great idea about taking a few pictures with me!! Love that tip. I am defianlty going to making calls to Salons tomorrow morning to ask if they have someone that loves doing short hair for womyn.. because if I have to ask someone 3 times to keep cutting, that is just not good.. It can't hurt to call and ask around.. We'll see...

What is everyones favorite wax??

Love & Light,
Amy
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 8:27am
I like the style you picked the best.. the others (esp the first one) are a little harst for your soft features...in my opinion.

Is you hair natually blonde?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 9:44am
Amy, where are you? I might know someone.

Another way is whenever you see someone with a haircut you like, go up to them, tell them you love their haircut, ask them where they got it done, who cut it, and what their name is so that when you get there you can tell the stylist to cut it just like .....

If you opt for one of the short cuts I sent you, I would save some money and find a young female barber.
HAWG
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 1:26am
Hi, I like your hair!
I wear my hair short too.
I have a new baby so short hair is easy for me to take care of.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 3:23am
Brenda~~

Thanks.. I love short hair... Which hair style above do you think would suit me best??

Hal & hawg....

I live in Hawaii as of now.. I am moving soon to the east coast... EXCITED about that!

I like the first hair style too, but I love the Pixie styles as well. but I worry also that my face is not the right shape for a pixie.. who cares. I might just do it anyway.. My hair grows soo fast that it would only take a month or two for it to be a longer length.. I'm not afraid of being bold and different...

. I didn't call hair salons today.. My prioity today is to get that appoinment made.. I hope it goes well...
Anyone can post haicuts or styles that might look good on me...
Kurenko... I hope I didn't offend you by my comments to BSpears.. I just don't dig rude people... I hope you have a great night!

Hate freee,
Amy
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 8:26am
Amy, I don't know anyone in Hawaii. Have a great move to the East Coast.
HAWG
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 8:47am
Two inches long right now? Can you take pictures before and after your new cut?
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 9:06pm
You are an attractive woman LuvShortHair. You would look great in an even shorter hair style. A short pixie would work for you. An attractive lady such as yourself can really wear her hair as short as you want and look good.
Try a very short, neatly trimmed pixie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 12:16am
Why thank you Brent~~

That was tooo kind of you!

hal.. my hair is actually about 2 inches longer than in my pciture in my profile..

So my bestest friend and the best hairdresser i knows is in Denver, where I will be going to visit in the next 17 days.. I trust her fully and I have decided to postpone getting my hair cut until i go to denver, in 17 days.. I trust she will give me exactly what I need, right before Gay pride... So.. I will stick around and post pictures before I leave and pictures after I get it cut....

Amy
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 3:24am
You said you are getting your hair cut right before the gay pride day.
Are you a lesbian or bisexual?
I'm a bisexual woman myself. I have two small daughters and live with a woman.
Magua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 12:12pm
welcome , i just had a look for your pic on your profile but could not find it ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 3:49pm
Hey Brenda...

I don't really have a Label, although I do consider myself more lesbian than Bisexual..

How old are your kids? I have two sons, ages 11 and 7... So anyway...
I can't wait until pride this year.. Where do you live?

Amy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 3:52pm
Magua,

LOL... I actually just meant the picture right next to my text....
<~~~ right there!

Amy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic