Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Obsessed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair obsessed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair obsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Obsessed!
    Posted: June 23 2004 at 1:55pm
Ok, I know this isn't a foreign problem and im sure a lot of the people on this forum probably either have or know someone with a hair obsession. I am addicted and obsessed with hair! I have a girlfriend who happens to have gorgeous long hair. I literally obsses over thinking of her getting it cut. She actually has cut it in the past for me, around 10 inches and donated it. I didn't push her, but definetley gave her the idea. I feel guilty wanting her to cut it since she loves her long hair, as do i. But I can't control myself from thinking about her cutting it. I had a problem with cutting my hair shorter and shorted before i was with her, and it wasn't really by choice. I just couldnt stop. It has gotten to the point where it affects my every day life. I am always on these hair sites and forums when id rather and should be doing something productive. Im not a pedaphile or some sick person, i just cant get the thoughts out of my head. Seriously does anyone know why some people obsses over this and what to do to control my thoughts?
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 2:10pm
You have a hair fetish. Which is not a big deal, however you can't let it take over your life. I would suggest telling your girlfriend. Chances are, she might have an idea that you do anyhow. Who knows...she might indulge you in your fantasy???

In the meantime, if it's all you can think about, why not buy a video of haircutting from a reputable site.

It's a harmless fetish, as long as you keep it that way.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
hairobsessed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 2:16pm
Thanks arch
The thing is ive done that way tooooo many times...ive bought probably around 20! i cant afford that kinda stuff or afford the time anymore. My girl actually even knows about it but we are luckily close enough where it doesnt really change anything...I just feel like i shouldn't feel ashamed of having a hair fetish even though i know thats common.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 4:11pm
Any interest that causes negative impact on your life and you can't stop it MUST be addrested. You need to see a doctor if you can't stop it on your own. Indulging it will only make it worse. Try to make small improvements if you can. For instance... if you spend 3 hours a day on line... try to get off after 2:45 Anything to improve, then build on that.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 4:17pm
Therapy lessons paying off finally Hal??? lol

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
hairobsessed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 6:04pm
appreciate the help from everyone
seems like good advice
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 7:54pm
Therapy is for weak punks.
Find a woman that shares your fetishes, not only about hair but about EVERYTHING!
Really get into all of your kinky stuff. Live out every fantasy that you have! (Assuming that fantasy won't land you in jail).
People who live life fully pursue their desires, they don't suppress them. Suppressing your urges, now that will REALLY MESS YOU UP!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 9:26am
I have a definite hair obsession, with short-haired women and the process by which they are made. My obsession probably isn't to the same extent as yours, but it's similar. I do have obsessive thoughts about cutting, and sometimes spend a lot of time on hair sites. I always thought I was the lone freak who was into these things before I looked it up online and found out there were whole communities.
I think having a hair obsession and fetish is all right to an extent. If you spend hours looking it up every day, feel compelled against your will to cut your (or someone else's) hair, or get to the point of feeling compelled to steal the hair of strangers (I've actually heard of people who did this), then it's a problem. You should probably try to learn some control over the fetish, whether by yourself or through counselling. If you try the self-help route, maybe just try to distract yourself with something else whenever you feel the urge to do something you know you probably shouldn't. Like try looking up something else whenever you feel the urge to look for hair sites, or doing some other hobby like painting or writing whenever you feel the urge to cut hair.
Depending on your personal level of obsession, this may or may not be any help, though.
More awesome than a manatee!
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 4:23pm
Know that you're not alone in your fetish.

Several of us out here in the void enjoy haircutting and all the trappings that go with it. If it is an obsession, sure, get help, but if it's just something you enjoy and nobody gets hurt, where's the harm?

My wife and I cut each other's hair and we're not the dredge of society. Our neighbors even wave when they see us.

There are plenty of cool people on this board that have similar desires, some of us have weaknesses and obsess, but it's not like we're out kicking puppies. So, enjoy your fetish but keep it under control. If it gets to the point where you can't do anything but surf the net, looking for newer and better videos, or sit in your room, wondering when you'll get the chance to shave a woman's head... perhaps therapy is not a bad idea.

Otherwise, enjoy.
Peace to all
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 9:13pm
Well said Headboy.
I like tall, athletic, somewhat masculine women, and I like shoulder length bobs or long hair on women. My girlfriend likes petite, feminine women like myself.
On myself I like to wear short and long hair but I am wearing it short these days.
We all have our preferences or fetishes.
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 6:08pm
ok ya'll w/ hair fetish things, u should getta job @ a hair salon, i think that would prob. help u a bit, but dont live out EVERY fantasy b/c thats just crazy. Some could be VERY WRONG!! And ya u should def. let ur g/f know what u just told us and see how she feels bout it. Just dont become some psycho who cuts girls' hair off in their sleep and like uses the hair to like... well do nasty stuff. Chill out! lol well good luck
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 5:39am
I've thought about becoming a hairdresser, but I can't decide if it's a good idea or just a creepy one. I can't help thinking how much it would creep me out if I got a fetishist as a stylist. I mean, I'm all for people loving their jobs, but loving it that much seems just a little too much. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic