Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something really confusing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something really confusing
    Posted: July 05 2004 at 9:54am
Well, I noticed that people use numbers to describe their cuts..."oh I got a #2" or something like that. What's this supposed to mean? Someone recently recommended getting my hair cut to #5. She said the haircut people will know what i mean, but can you simplify this for me?

Much much thanks.

Quil
absurdism.org
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 12:35pm
It stands for length. A 1 is an eighth of an inch buzzcut, right to the scalp. A 2 is a quarter of an inch. A 5 would be a little over an inch.

Since I got my buzzcut I started with a 2. Last time I had it cut I went to a 1 and got the shortest cut, right to the scalp.

I had a baby recently in April so it's easy for me wearing a buzzcut, I don't need to fuss any over my hair, it requires no matienance, and I like the way I look in very short hair.
Quil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 1:10pm
Do you know anywhere where there's a picture, a chart of something of these lengths? Man, I'm such a novice...*grin* Sorry!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 5:35pm
Go to www.wahls.com that should help! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 5:38pm
:
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 6:26pm
Well the last time I got my haircut it must have been shorter than a 1 then because I had it cut right to my scalp.
Quil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 6:52pm
I don't get it, Debbie. Your link led me to a whales site. Unless I'm incredibly mistaken, I didn't think whales got haircuts...:)
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 7:48pm
Quil,
Debbie wrote some other stuff and then for some reason she edited her post and deleted the other stuff she wrote.
Who knows why?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2004 at 8:16pm
She added an "s" to the end of "wahl" by mistake. From their site, here's what the numbers mean:

WAHL GUIDE COMBS:

#1: 1/8"(3 mm)
#2: 1/4"(6 mm)
#3: 3/8"(10 mm)
#4: 1/2"(13 mm)
#5: 5/8"(16 mm)
#6: 3/4"(19 mm)
#7: 7/8"(22 mm)
#8: 1"(25 mm)
HAWG
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Quil Quil wrote:

I don't get it, Debbie. Your link led me to a whales site. Unless I'm incredibly mistaken, I didn't think whales got haircuts...:)

That's too funny!
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic