Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vicious Cycle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vicious Cycle
    Posted: July 21 2004 at 10:43am
I'm living in this permanent cycle of lopping my hair off (pixie short) and then growing it out again--kinda a grass is greener scenario.

I've finally grown my hair to shoulder length again. And all I do is wear it up! I haven't worn my hair down (except to airdry) in two months I bet.

So I'm starting to look through the hairmags again and pondering the possibilities of a cropped cut. I'm 25, way past the teeny bopper stage, and am thinking that short hair would suit my lifestyle better.

Should I just cut it off? My hair is stick straight, very thick and currently light copper brown (so says the L'Oreal box). I tend to get the most compliments when I crop it, so am I nutso to keep doing this growing out phase?
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2004 at 12:08pm
Well, I'm 40 and still cut and grow my hair out. Currently I'm growing it out, it's about chin length. It is only hair and it will always grow back. You just have to do what feels right to you at the time. If you aren't ready to cut it don't. If on the other hand you have a really great short hairstyle you want to try then go for it! The 20's are a great time to experiment with different things: hairstyles, clothes, etc.

Twanda
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2004 at 6:38pm
How about a pic Gizmo? Would love to see one. Maybe two pics, one current, and one older one of your previous pixie?

Just a thought.

Thanks.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2004 at 8:12pm
If you look good in a pixie, and people like it on you, and you like to wear short hair, then do it, why not, get your hair cut real short!

I love wearing short hair too, for the reasons you gave.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 1:07am
Apparently a lot of women do the same thing, so you're definitely not alone. If it bothers you that you keep going back and forth, I guess either find a length you like and make a commitment to stick with it, or if you're going to keep growing and cutting maybe sell or donate the hair so you can feel it's not just being thrown away and wasted.
More awesome than a manatee!
nonnymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonnymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 1:13pm
Personally I'd go for it!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 4:25pm
A picture would really help us advice you.. but since there is none I would say since you have been short before you know you like it, go for it. I would stay away from SUPER short though... its usually a look that is too harsh for most to pull off.
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 11:41pm
I'd post a pic but I have no idea where I put my digital camera's USB connector...

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge. I have so little attachment to my hair. ;) I went for a crop that's a bit long on the crown and tapered in the back. Hrmm...best comparison? I think my stylist was channeling the new Kirsten Dunst short look; I just showed her a pick from a hairmag. I figure I could brush it to the side and look "professional" with it. If I'm feeling upbeat next month when I need a trim, I might go shorter. I'd never go ultra-short (one inch or less); I definitely don't have the perfect features for it. And my hair would stick straight up!

Now I need to re-dye. I lost track of the last time I colored and now that it's shorter and I can't ponytail it anymore, I can see that I have one inch roots! Whoops. Not terribly obvious to everyone else though.
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2004 at 12:50am
Congrats gizmo, enjoy your short 'do!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic