Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pixies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pixies
    Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:18am
Hiya! I am thinking about a short Pixi cut but I have really curly hair, does anyone know if pixies look good on gils with curls? Thanks in advance!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:25am
yes it will knock out your curls go for a real short pixie
how long is your hair now?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:07pm
It depends on how tight the curls are. If they're tight, kinky curls, it's more likely to kink up more if it's shorter. Looser, wavier curls, especially the kind that curls more at the bottom, might go straighter if it's short enough. Pixies turn out best, I think, on straight or slightly wavy hair, though.
More awesome than a manatee!
L View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 9:01am
Its about half way between my ear and chin at the moment, so pretty short, but I am considering going shorter part for a change and part for ease of maintainance. My curls are about a medium tension, but don't seem to follow the normal rule of becomming tighter when I cut them shorter.
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 11:09am
If you go to a very short pixie, one-half of an inch or so, your hair won't be very curly.
L View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 4:38pm
Not sure that I am brave enough to go that short, how short would it have to be to knock the curls out? Also if I was to have my hair relaxed then pixied how long would it take for curls to appear and it to look wierd.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 4:26pm
Why wouldn't you want to go as short with your pixie as Brenda suggested? That's an adorable look on a beautiful lady!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 7:11am
In my opinion 1/2 an inch is not a pixie... its a buzz cut! My ex wife has fairly curly hair and wore a pixie for a while. She wore it anywhere from 2 to 4 inches long. With it that short she could use the blow dryer to pull out as much or little of the curl as she wanted. Made for lots of cute looks.
L View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 12:18pm
Would quite like to go that short, just a bit scared that I won't like it and it will take ages to grow back. I also have quite a lot of fat around my face, which i don't really want highlighted.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 5:24am
If you feel insecure about how your face looks already, you probably won't want to go as short as that-- short hair draws more attention to the face. You should probably either do it a bit longer unless/until you either lose a bit of the fat you're concerned with, or feel confident enough that it doesn't bother you anymore.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic