Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Styling after the Cut (Please help)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jnp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Styling after the Cut (Please help)
    Posted: August 25 2004 at 4:04pm
I feel foolish asking this question, but I really need help on styling tips. I got my hair chopped off, I would say cut, but it wasn't a pleasant expereince. I had long hair but due to circumstances had to get it cut off. Anyways I'm left with hair that at it longest in the front comes just above my chin and has shorter layers that start at about eye level. That back is the part that really kills me. Its like a duck bill if that makes sense. Anyways its razored. I don't think it will look all that bad if I can get it to do the stick out style. Problem is I have no idea how to acomplish this look. I have really thick straight hair.

Before this I've always had long hair that I pretty much pulled back in a pony tail or sometimes curled. So please tell me everything you know or send me in the direction of help. Someone told me to by a flat iron to use and wax. Is this right? I really am a complete noivce on hair styling. Plus where do you shop for hair accesories. I think that putting some in could help, but all the ones I find are really childish.
HairHelper View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairHelper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 7:27pm
What were the circumstances that forced you into getting a ton chopped off?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 11:32pm
Flipping out.. my hair used to do that at shorter lengths.. it was an unwanted experience. It always happened when I wore a big hat with wet hair, one that scrunched my hair inwards at the neck, so that the ends flipped out while they dried! They'd dry to the shape of my neck, at the shoulder line :O) The look stayed for daaays because I had such thick coarse hair.
my LJ, 40 inches long
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 8:46pm
I have really short, thick straight hair too. Completely razor cut, which I'll never do again. It looked better and softer when it was cut with scissors and followed up with the razor for a little thinning.

I generally style mine in a deep side part and then run some pomade through. Just warm up a dab in your hands and apply while your hair is wet or dry. Your hair will hold better if you apply it while it's wet. It works with the texture of razored hair and gives it a little definition.

I use a barrette or colored bobby pin to add a little decoration and keeps my long bangs in place. ;) I usually buy my clips at the grocery store or Target, so I can't help you much there. Goodys makes somewhat more mature styled barrettes now. I think Claire's and those other teeny-bopper type jewelry stores sell hair adornments too.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 2:36am
You can get accessories just about anywhere from the Wal-mart to the mall. Which ones you buy depends on how short and how thick your hair is, because very short or very fine hair won't hold large or heavy acessories well, or any clips with a big gap between the backing and the ornamental front part. I don't mind childish accessories much, but if that bothers you, look for the ones that come in like gold, silver, brown, or black, with simple shapes, like undecorated hairpins or the plain triange clippies. If you get bored of those, you can graduate to other shapes and like rhinestones and stuff.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic