Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHort Hairs..do you get picked up as much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHort Hairs..do you get picked up as much?
    Posted: September 03 2004 at 7:57pm
Just a poll that I want to take.

If you wear a short hair style now (or at some time) and have also worn it long...Do you find that you get as much attention when out at clubs?

I myself have found that I get a lot more attention when my hair is long. I would love to hear different. Maybe that someone gets more attention with a cute short cut?

jacqui
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 8:52pm
I think it has more to do with your level of confidence... Back in the day, I had less confidence with a short cut. Now that it's long, I do get more attention-- even with an updo.. I've pinned it down to my confidence level.

Let's hear from others...
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 9:57pm
I'm African-American, and I got more positive attention from men when I went to a short afro than with long hair.

When I shaved my head and went with the bald look is when I got , by far, the most positive attention from men (Black and White men), especially when I was dressed up nice in sexy clothes, makeup, and earrings.

Maybe I got the attention I did because very short hair or a shaved head is still somewhat unusual on women (although more common than before), and some men find that attractive on a lady.

Different types of ordinary short hairstyles on women are common of course.

Sometimes I get more attention than I want when wearing the bald look, especially since I already have a man and am not interested in getting hit on by guys.

That's why when I am shaving my head , like I have been this summer, I usually wear a wig or headscarf in public and at work.

It's fine for me to go bald around the house, my kids and friends are used to it, and my man likes it and is used to it, but in public I draw less attention by wearing a wig or a headscarf.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 1:27am
I wish I could answer this, but I'm the shy type who doesn't go to clubs or try to pick up/be picked up by women or anything. *hides off in the corner*
More awesome than a manatee!
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 1:33pm
I have never had any problems meeting people because I have short hair. Just the opposite. I get approached quite often and told how much they love my hsort hairstyle.
Stephanie
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 3:59pm
looking at your photo, i can see why you don't have much trouble meeting men.
what does the s stand for. susan, stephanie, selena.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 5:48pm
My long-haired wife can't walk two blocks by herself w/o some guy asking her if she needs a ride. She even told me last month that she feels guilty, and asked me if she should cut it to ward off the smarmy suitors! Fat chance *I'll* say yes! In fact, I'm thrilled that my wife still has to fend off guys at 44.
When her hair was short, harassment was not a problem. I admit, though, that some women look fantastic with short hair. My younger wife looked cute short, but apparently not good enough in the eyes of other men to curry propositions from them. Bob
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 7:39pm
S_Miller

Wow! Have you always had short hair? You look fantastic. I can't imagine you with long hair - I think
you would look good but not as great as your pic with short hair.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 8:20pm
S_ Miller's icon is a photo of actress Mariska Hartigay
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 11:06pm
When my hair was real short or real long was when I got the most attention from men. I got the least attention when my hair was shoulder length.
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 7:04am
Yes my Icon is not me. My hair is very similar to hers but being new to this room, I'm not quite comfortable enough to put my real pic online. Maybe someday I will.

Stephanie
Stephanie
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 1:40pm
I got more attention just buy trimming my hair and not even really cutting it.The trim just made it appear short but boys was trying to talking to me a little more even though my whole life I never had a problem attracting boys.
dollparts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dollparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 4:19am
hi,I actually had my hair a few years ago go from shoulder length hair to a pixie cut,like Drew Barrymore used to have,and i used to style it all messy and such. My then boyfriend(whom is now my husband) went WILD,especially since I kept it a secret.I actually got lots more attention with the shorter hair than with the longer and im actually thinking of going back to that cut,which is why im here.I feel more attractive with the shorter hair;my husband also loves my neck so the short hair is good in his opinion.!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 11:59am
I think it depends what goes best with YOU as a person. I had both long and short in recent years, and I got WAY more male attention with long, and none with short. It just didn't suit me and I found it annoying short anyway. Although I got more compliments from short haired women right after I chopped it off (I guess I joined their club or something).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 1:39pm
Susan:

Did the short haired girls show you our secret handshake? lol
Stephanie
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 1:49pm
I had more of Dollparts experience than Susan W.'s. I got far more attention from guys when I went real short with my hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 9:14pm
To me it's no contest:

I love beautiful women regardless of their hair length, but if it comes down to being with a lovely lady with long hair or a lovely lady with short hair, to me short hairstyles are more attractive on most women.
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 11:56pm
I'd say it's about 50/50. When I had real long hair past my tailbone some guys really seemed to love it but others had an attitude like my hair was too long. When I cut my hair real short, it was the same, some guys really loved it but others didn't care.
I wear my hair sort of medium length now in a chin length bob hairstyle and some men love that style and others don't care.
My husband seems to like me in all of my hair styles and that is what I care about, so I'm fine with any hairstyle I want to wear.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 7:20pm
If your husband likes you in all styles of hair DakotaDiva, then by all means wear your hair very short!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 11:09pm
Short hair made me look like a guy. I get picked up lots more with long hair... and not only that, but way more friendly looks.
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic