Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this cut to out of date?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this cut to out of date?
    Posted: September 04 2004 at 9:18pm
OK, it should say "too" out of date, forgive me :)

I had my hair cut this way years ago & loved it! Now I am thinking of going short again. Take a look at this Ashley Judd pic. Would this cut look too dated? I really love it!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/8884/ashley33.html

And this is another styling option for the same cut:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/8884/

Thanks for your opinions!

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 4:43am
First of all, I don't think you should care whether or not it's dated. You should wear what makes you look good and feel good, not what the (non-existent) fashion police dictates. But if you do feel you have to look fashionable, I'd say it doesn't look very dated at all, but maybe that's just me. But fashion is no longer as rigid as it used to be, even if you do insist on following it.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 3:50pm
Thanks Duke! Maybe I will! Course...I'll need my hubbie to go along with it :)
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 4:27pm
No it's not a dated style, I see women around with that type of short hairdo, although it may not be quite as common as short bob cuts or pixies.
You are very attractive, you would look adorable with a short hairstyle with your features.
Good luck and keep us informed.
NapeTrimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapeTrimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 10:33pm
The second link with Ashely's cut would look great on you. It's classy & surely not out of date. IF your man doesn't want to go along with it, I am sure you could find another man in a second with that hair style!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 1:32am
I don't really follow fashion, so I have no idea if that style is currently "in" or not, but it still looks fine to me.
More awesome than a manatee!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 7:36pm
Ashley had that style in 1998, but went back to something similar last year at the time of this "New York Magazine" shoot.

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymag/toc/20030825/

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/shopping/fashion/features/n_9127//index.html

It's not dated like the Demi Moore "Ghost" cut is. How you style it though might have changed. Discuss options with your stylist.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 8:40pm
Thanks Rod for those pictures!
I know that Ashley keeps going back to short and certainly doesn't do anything because it is "instyle." So maybe she'll be my inspiration!
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 11:10pm
Pam,

Assuming thats a current pic? , your hair looks great now and would look good like Ashley's. You can't go wtong either way. Best of luck to whatever you decide.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 7:08am
Aggie,

I took the second picture of Ashley in to have my hair done just like it. (2 years ago mind you)I have hair just like hers, so it was easy for me to do it. I did have to use a hot roller on the top to get the wave up and back. It is really cute as a wash and go too. I don't think this style could ever be out of fashion. It's a classic.

Good luck,

jacqui
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 6:19pm
Well...my husband loves the pics. So, I''ll let you know when I actually get the cut!
Thanks for your replies!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 7:07am
Wow sounds great, do you have an appointment yet?
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 6:02pm
Yes! Saturday morning! And I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 7:10pm
If your hair is as long as your picture, nervousness is understandable. It's a cute style though.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 10:45pm
I think it'll look great on you aggie...any chance of some before and after pics from this saturday?

Would be great to see...which pic you takin in to show the stylist?

Good luck!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 6:41pm
I'm taking both pics. I think the second pic is the same cut but with the bangs curled back rather than down.
If it looks good, perhaps I'll post a picture.
Thanks everyone for the opinions. It really helped me.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by AggiePam AggiePam wrote:

I'm taking both pics. I think the second pic is the same cut but with the bangs curled back rather than down.
If it looks good, perhaps I'll post a picture.
Thanks everyone for the opinions. It really helped me.

If it looks good? Aggie as pretty as you are... hair style is only an accessiory! Some face shapes can only go a couple of ways but you... I venture to bet you have never had a really bad do? Am I right?
longtoshort1297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longtoshort1297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 10:19am
how did your appointment go, which style did you go for?
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 6:01pm
How exciting AggiePam!

You have ideal features for a short 'do girl.
You could easily be one of us short haired ladies!

Let us know.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 9:32pm
Sorry it took so long to respond! I've been swamped with work!
Well...I love my new cut! It didn't turn out exactly like the picture since my hair has its own personality. But, I love it anyway. My hair is naturally wavy so it really adds some texture to the cut. As soon as I get a decent digital picture, I'll post. All the pics I've taken have not really shown the cut real well. I need to take one outside. Also, I can't really post it without removing my other picture, since I don't have a web page.
I'll let you know!Thanks for the support!! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic