Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melons448 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melons448 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: questions
    Posted: November 26 2004 at 6:44am
I want to cut my hair shorter. It's past my shoulders, and I want to cut it into a bob. I was wondering what would be the shortest bob I could cut it into and still be able to wear 2 ponytails? Also is there a way of layering it so that it is easier to flip out?
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 5:04pm
It seems to me that when women get a bob cut they don't wear it in pigtails or ponytails. It isn't really long enough to do that and sort of defeats the purpose anyway of the attractive short hairstyle.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 7:15pm
A real bob is too short to wear in ponytails. To figure out how long hair must be to wear it in ponytails, measure from the hairline to the point where you want the elastic band to go, then add an inch. Now, measure down that far from the hairline. You'll find it's longer than shoulder length.

When I used to wear my hair in a bob, I wore two ponytails high on the top of my head. Needless to say, the underlayers weren't caught in the ponytail. It was cute, in a bizarre sort of way.

They cut a bob to flip under by making the layers underneath shorter. You have to decide whether you want a bob or a style that flips out. A style that flips out won't turn under well and vice versa.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 7:10am
A bob can be any length you want... generally above the shoulders though, so yes pig tails can still be possible as well as layers to help get the look you want!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic