Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any ideas for my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any ideas for my hair?
    Posted: January 10 2005 at 2:50pm
Hi,

i'm looking for a new haircut because i had my hair like it is my whole life. Do you have any new style ideas for me? I would be very happy if some could help me.

This is me:
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 3:42pm
Well since you asked...
I would give you some bangs and cut you in a choppy chin length bob. Your face looks to be a little long - the bangs will shorten that. Bringing it up to about your chin will also help shorten your face and the choppy part will add some movement and fullness.
By the way, you look like you got some pretty eyes.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 6:50pm
You are a pretty lady.
So you want a short hairstyle that would look good on you? I would suggest a short bob cut or a short pixie.
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:01pm
Thank you for the compliments. I'm open for every style except clippered or bald...

Perhaps you can post some pics of styles you think that would suit me, than i would pic my favourite and show it my stylist.

Thank you!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:44pm
How about something like these:
http://www.screencaptures.net/m/mack01.jpg

http://www.gogomag.com/ls/

http://chicstyles2000.tripod.com/x345.jpg

https://www.connectstores.com/wigsrusltd/sp_17621.html (several to choose from - I like the CassieNI, Dylan, Erin, Sage, and Teri N)
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 9:13pm
You're face shape reminds me a lot of Ashley Scott who has multiple great hairstyles(and a couple of really lousy ones...)

I'd say go to www.ashleyscotthaven.com and pick a couple you like. Come back to us for opinions.
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 10:08pm
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 11:32pm
If you're thinking really short I like this one. Its blurry but you can get the gyst.

http://www.ashleyscotthaven.com/gallery/modeling/big/mod_021.jpg

I would like this messy one on you...

http://www.ashleyscotthaven.com/gallery/publicity/big/pub_034.jpg

Last picture, similar but a little shorter...

http://www.ashleyscotthaven.com/gallery/publicity2/big/pub_091.jpg
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 7:48am
Hi Claudia,

go look for a style that fits a long face. This was a shoe in as your current style emphasis the length of your face. Luckiky you opted for a side parting, which distracts attention a bit from the length.
Whichever style you choose, choose one with a fringe (optically shortens the face) that's styled to one side. Try to get some volume on the sides on the way you prefer most - layers, curls (lot of daily work and not on top), ... and choose between a short or long length. As you tend to prefer short (your links), go all the way then. Why? Read the next paragraph ...

Please avoid bobs, certainly at chin level eg the "mack1" picture. Absolute no no with a long face!!!! Looks good on her because her face is more squarish.

Stay clear of one length bangs: they will put too much pressure on the rest of your face (nose). Don't go curly and short at the same time, because it will make you look mushroomy. Don't go for a lot of volume on top either, it will make your face longer.

Lots of fun at the hairstylist!
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 11:23am
Hi!

I let my hair cut today to chin length by a friend who learns hairdresser. The result is ok i think, but i dont like it too much ;(
Sorry about the small picture but it was made with a handycam.

What shall i do now? Leave it like now or go shorter?

Thanks again for all answers.

Bye C.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 12:55pm
I think it looks great... keep it that way at least a week or two to get use to it then see how you feel. If you like I can do a simulation to show you how it would look shorter!
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 1:02pm
Unfortunately i think i wont be happy with that cut :(
That simulation would be nice Hal. Thanks.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 1:11pm
Looking at your picture I think the earlier post by ED was right on. The Chin lenght bob is the worst way to go for you. Its like it stretched your face out. Its one of those in-between cuts that doesn't have the positives of a long cut or a short cut, but has some of the negatives of both.

I would definately go shorter with layers. Not to hurt your feelings but you're asking our opinion so I'll just say it doesn't look right as is so you may as well find something that works or grow it out again. Either way Layers will help a lot in the transition.
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 2:22pm
I'd say go for it and go shorter - I don't think this style does a lot for you and imo it looked better before the cut
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 2:33pm
I think you are right, i will go shorter. Now i'll have to find the right cut.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 3:39pm
Check you B-Mail
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 5:39am
Dear Claudia,

I guess my advise came just a bit too late: you went for the chin lenght bob ... BTW: your friend-student-hairdresser maybe cuts fine, but has no regard for his client. She/he should see that this hairdo is not exactly making the most of hers/his client. Shame.

Anyway - my advise still stands (read previuos post). The option long is gone now, but if you can hang in there for about 3 months, it'll be better. That's your choice: hang in there or go for another cut immediately.

Personally I'd go for short now. Please forget that hairdresser friend and go to a good stylist. Should you want specific ideas BMail me.
bobbed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 1:31pm
hello Claudia I can't see your photo, could you post it again.
I have went from long to bob and not happy
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 10:26pm
Claudia

change the color and go shorter

make it blonder or dye it brown to show off those pretty eyes

Claudia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 4:49pm
Hi all,

i cut my hair shorter now and went a bit blonder.
It's no good pic from me here i know, but the only one i got until now.
It's a little more layered cut than this pic shows.

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic