Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Long Hair Journey!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Long Hair Journey!
    Posted: February 04 2005 at 8:54am
This one has been one of the best strands ever on the Hair Talk site. As a guy who adores long hair, I can't thank you all enough for sharing.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 11:04am
Awesome bun, Strawberryfine! Such a large bun already... you've certainly got healthy and thick hair!

And thank you krzysztof for posting your pic -- you have beautiful hair!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 12:07am
then you can trust yourself! :) click on my Medusa link and go to Reviews and Links, where you'll find Feye's self-trimming method.

Hugs,
Anais

edited to add sig
my LJ, 40 inches long
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:51pm
Oh, thank you. =D I'm due for a half inch trim soon though. I've got more split ends than I can count, and they're so hard to find with my thick hair. But I'm still looking for a stylist I'm willing to trust not to cut off more than half an inch. >=(
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 5:01pm
Thank you, Asian Invasion.

Your hair is amazing. I wish my hair grew as fast as yours, and it is soooo shiny, too!

And the wet-bunning look is great; beautiful curls and waves.

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

asian invasion, your hair looks great!! mine was like that until i discovered flat irons. i could kill myself now. mine hair is maybe a couple inches longer than that, and it looks a little dry at the ends, but other than that holds a good shine. when i wet bun my hair, it doesn't look that good, how do you do it??

Uhm, I usually do 3 buns--one at my crown, one at the middle of my head, and the other one at the nape of my neck. And then when I take my buns out in the morning, I lightly run some oil over the top of my style to tame some of the frizz and add more shine. =) Hope that helps in any way.

And Strawberry Fine, that's a beautiful bun! I wish I could make my buns that well!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 12:55pm
This is my first updo/bun pic with Steelstix.

I love putting it up because the shortness is not so obvious.

Thanks for letting me post it here.

SF

strawberryfine
2aFii
krzysztof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krzysztof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 11:23pm
great hair everyone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hey Robert! The ends of your hair look very thick after your recent trim.

Strawberryfine, you have gorgeous hair. I am sure it will look even more beautiful, the longer it grows. I think you can get away with smaller trims, going forward. How long do you wish to grow it?

Why, thank you, Dave!

I want terminal length and I'm hoping that will be at least fingertip length. And more, I hope!

My grandmother kept hers at that length and it was beautiful, so I'm hoping I got some long hair genes from her. My hair looks like hers.

'bout that trim; it was supposed to be 1/8", not 1".

So I'll be S & D-ing and being mega careful how I handle my hair. Then I'm not trimming until it is long enough for me to pull the ends around and tip the ends myself!

SF

strawberryfine
2aFii
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 5:11pm
asian invasion, your hair looks great!! mine was like that until i discovered flat irons. i could kill myself now. mine hair is maybe a couple inches longer than that, and it looks a little dry at the ends, but other than that holds a good shine. when i wet bun my hair, it doesn't look that good, how do you do it??
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 3:41pm
Thanks again Dave.

"Bartender, another round of compliments on me"
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 3:03pm
Hey Robert! The ends of your hair look very thick after your recent trim.

Strawberryfine, you have gorgeous hair. I am sure it will look even more beautiful, the longer it grows. I think you can get away with smaller trims, going forward. How long do you wish to grow it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 10:31am
Thanks SF.

I did the trim for a few reasons.

1. I wanted to even up my ends a bit because I was having trouble measuring.

2. I need to hold back before I start sitting on my hair and can't take care of it.

3. I'm coming off the first year in a while where my hair actually gained length. This is because for about a 2 year period my torturous methods of brushing and combing prevented it from growing longer. In other words I not only ripped through my hair with a vent brush but I did it when my hair was wet, not just damp. Therefore I have what I call "undesigned" layers.

So I just wanted to go back a bit and try to catch some of those up and not bite off more than I'm ready to chew.

I can tell that my hair did need at least a small trim. Maybe not 3 inches but it was due for some.

The main thing is I'm back on track again and I'm still 1.5 inches past my starting point of last March's trim. Actually my hair is now nice and thick at the 31" mark and last March I only had a few strands that reached there pre-trim.

Anyway, I'm happy. I even tried some more braiding this morning so it was worth it. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 11:48pm
PurpleBubba,

I think your trim back to 31" looks great. Your hair looked good before, I probably would not have cut it, but the ends looks so thick and healthy!!!

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 11:44pm
Here is a pic of my hair washed, conditioned, combed out in shower, gently towel blotted about twice and air dried without touching it.

And here is the same hair just combed through once with a wide toothed comb.

These are about as close to natural as I can get.

My hair was at neckline length last April 2004 and I had a 1" trim this January.

That's not much of a journey, but it will get better.

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 4:46am
I recently trimmed 3 inches back to 31".
Here's my current signature picture.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:40pm
Hey Juliana, I believe I've now (here) seen your hair being 3 different colors. They all look great on you.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:55pm
Asian Invasion, GREAT HAIR! :) I love how the wet bunning turned out.

Hugs and blessings,
Anais
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 1:22am
Hi Dave. My natural hair colour is dark auburn. It tends to look dark brown indoors but quite red in the sun. I had that colour all my life. I just dyed it for the first time 3 months ago. Going blonde was a major commitment, so I plan to stay with it for a while. I really wanted a new look but wasn't willing to cut my hair short. That's why I opted for a change in colour. I'm so glad I didn't cause any major damage to my hair in the process.

AsianInvasion, your hair looks spectacular with the bun curls -- so shiny! I agree with Dave; the green shirts look good. (Green is my favourite colour; I have lots of green shirts too.) :-)
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:20am
Wow! It looks lovely. And I agree with you, the green shirt provides a good contrast to your haircolor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic