Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Long Hair Journey!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:15pm
Thanks for your kind words. I used the highlighting kit to go blonde. I used L'Oreal Creme Lights and highlighted about 90% of my hair. I applied the bleach mixture with a denture brush for wide highlights and a toothbrush for finer ones. It's the first do-it-yourself colour job I haven't screwed up and my hair still feels really healthy.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 6:51am
Wow, your hair looks great!! You have absolutely beautiful hair, it looks very nice blonde, and those soft layers are good I think with it. Very nice!!!
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 6:30am
Your hair looks awesome. Did you go blonde after you did the highlighting kt? Or are we looking at the results of the work you did yourself. Reagrdless, it looks really nice and healthy.

Enjoy!

Jacqui

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 10:47pm
Some photos of my continuing long hair journey --

I really needed a change so I got about 6 inches of length cut off and had some layers added. Then, I went blonde.

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 8:23am
I'm so happy to hear that it turned out well this time! It sounds lovely.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 4:30pm
Update to my hair colour recipe:

I went blonde 2 days ago and it actually worked out well this time. (I was out of town on business and got bored in my hotel room. I checked in as a brunette and checked out as a blonde.) I used L'Oreal Creme Lights highlighting kit (2 boxes) and highlighted about 85% of my hair. (I bought a denture brush for application because my hair is too long for a highlighting cap). My hair turned out a nice dimensional honey blonde with light golden brown low lights. It still looks shiny and healthy too. I feel like a brand new woman.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 11:38pm
Thanks for posting the diagram and picture, Viktoria. I'm downloading it for my own reference. Very helpful.

Juliana
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 9:07am
Grace, Bob, KorsakovHatt, thank you for your compliments. I´m all blushes... I´m in such superior company with all these beautiful women.

About the clothes: yes, the white top is my own production, as well as the red and the green one. To get the structure of the white one I used a double double crochet (not sure I get the english right here). Basically, you make a double crochet with a stich inside it. And going back, you insert the hook in both loops. This picture might help you. Perhaps a bit off long hair topic, but I hope you all are indulgent.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 8:13am
Hi Juliana:

I loved the Hair Color Recipe. I laughed very hard.
That was great.

Susan
Susan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 12:50am
Question for Viktoria -- You mentioned that you crochet. I'm just wondering if you made that lovely ecru sweater you're wearing in the photo where your hair is in 2 braids. I love it. I've been inspired by the neckline and ridge pattern. I've started knitting something similar for myself.

P.S. I agree with Bob -- you look so much younger with long hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 12:46am
Thanks farahsatana. I got a chuckle out of writing it. It wasn't funny while it was happening, but I can laugh about it now. :-)
farahsatana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farahsatana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 11:37pm
korsakovhatt3,

Your delivery killed me. I garnered a most uncharitable chuckle from it.
But I do appreciate the object lesson!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 5:26pm
Hi Bob S - Thanks so much for the compliment.

Hi deltagirl. Putting the eucalyptus oil in my conditioner made my hair even softer and silkier than usual -- extra shiny too. And I love the smell.

Hi farahsatana. I don't mind you asking me about my hair colour disaster. It is a cautionary tale. I hope no one else would be fool-hardy enough to do what I did. In my defense, it was the first time I had ever coloured my hair and I did panic.

The brown dye was the final step in the process. I was just willing to do anything at that point to cover my previous mistakes.

Here's what I did.

MY PERSONAL HAIR COLOUR RECIPE (or "How to Waste a Lot of $$ and Screw Up Your Hair in 6 Easy Steps"):

1. Start by colouring virgin auburn hair with foils of Feria 100 Pure Diamond and Herbal Essences XL10 Lightest Blonde, and lowlights of natural colour.

2. Destroy that pretty dimensional honey blonde colour with "just a few" highlights. I suggest Herbal Essences Cool Blonde Highlighting kit. Bleach highlights to pale lemon yellow.

3. Panic!! Bleach entire head to pale yellow with the same highlighting kit.

4. Panic again!! Apply Natural Instincts - dark champagne blonde to achieve a glowing apricot colouring.

5. Panic more!! Apply Natural Instincts - medium ash blonde for an all-over vibrant peach.

6. Lose all sense and dump some Nice ‘N Easy - light ash brown on your head for a rich walnut brown.

IMPORTANT: Be sure not to pause and ask for advice or do ANY strand tests!

P.S. My colour is fading rapidly every time I shampoo. It's always a surprise to see what colour it's going to be once it dries. It's a light golden brown now. Maybe I'll get the blonde I want without even having to bleach. :-)

P.P.S. I actually studied colour theory in university. Hard to tell, isn't it?
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 1:02pm
Hi Juliana:

I read your post in "Teen Hair". What type of results do you get from mixing a small amount of oil in your conditioner ?

I have never tried this. I am always intrested in trying somthing new.

Susan.
Susan
farahsatana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farahsatana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 12:16pm
korsakovhatt3,

My apologies--I am culturally ignorant in this computer context, and I fear to trespass on etiqette grounds, but may I ask how you accidentally dyed your hair brown?

I wish to know if there is a cautionary tale to be learned from here.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 11:45am
All you women have such spectacular hair! And Susan, your natural color is luscious! (lol) Victoria, you look pretty and 10 years younger with tresses. Korshovat, your locks must be the envy of women wherever you go! Lunar Flame, the colors are cool!Snuggles, I second Dave's motion. Congrats to you all, Bob
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 9:24am
My best pictures are unawares, as well; my school pictures were always terribly gawky, and my driver's license photo scares small children, I think that I might enlarge it and use it as Halloween decoration.

Anyway, thanks for the great collage, Viktoria! You look lovely, and I have to say that you look so much younger with your long hair!
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 5:57pm
Wow! Korsakovhatt3, Susan W, Viktoria -- thank you so much for sharing your "hair journey" photos with us all! You all look great and have beautiful long hair (now, and sometimes "then," too).
Snuggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snuggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 2:56pm
yes, viktoria, I love your hair - beautiful!

And I can identify with you on that whole "awkward poser" thing...I take terribly bad pictures, unless I'm the one with the camera :)

Stef
**Starving Actor** --Will Work For Peanuts!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 11:55am
Korsakovhatt3, thanks for the compliments! The new ones are my natural color, though it actually only looks like that inside under a flash bulb! For some reason outside it looks more dark blonde and not so reddish. I like it much better under the flash bulb! Thanks for telling me how to post pics.

Viktoria your hair is great too! I can't wait 'til mine is that long.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic