Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New hair do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mya Terel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mya Terel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New hair do
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
I have light brown hair at shoulder length. I have long layers. I NEED a cool new hair style. Help!!!!!!
susan ong View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susan ong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
> I have light brown hair at shoulder length. I have> long layers. I NEED a cool new hair style. Help!!!!!!
irene k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irene k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
> I have light brown hair at shoulder length. I have> long layers. I NEED a cool new hair style. Help!!!!!! And I also would like to learn how to do little twisties and cornroll and other interesting new hair styles!
BabyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 1:45pm
posted on 12-Jul-2000 10:51:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay well this is how you can do cornrows:
It`s best that you watch someone do it slowly to learn but I`ll explain it as well as I can.
1.Part the hair on both sides as far back as you want the braid to go creating a row of hair. You should practice using a section of hair that`s neither too big nor to small.
2. Section a small part of hair at the hairline into three pieces.
3. Using either the left or right hand- whichever is more comfortable for you- place the first piece under your pointer finger and hold it there with your thumb. Place the middle piece on top leaving it free to work with and hold the last piece with between the thumb and the pointer next the first piece.
4. Take the free piece on top and hold it between the thumb and pointer of the other hand.
5.Push your pointer under the first of the two other pieces of hair while picking up a little piece of hair from the scalp at the same time and hold the last piece between your thumb and pointer.
Reapeat steps until you reach the end.
Your hair only has to be long enough so that you can hold it between your fingers comfortably.
It`s kind of hard to braid your own hair at first so I recommend practicing on a doll or a friend.
I know how to do twisties but I`m not sure I can explain how they are done....

*Come on Shorty if you think you can roll
wit an iced out playa ballin outta control*
Chrissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2001 at 5:57pm
twisties were hard at first for me but now i can do them pretty good..

part your hair down the center like you would normally

make another part going the same direction as that one
you should have a section of hair going down your head and just tie the rest back to make it easier

all you do it start at the very front where ur hairline is, and tiwst the hair against your scalp..the tighter the better

ull have to practice it alot but soon youll have the hang of it.. just liek practice wen theres free time

Chrissy
Stb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Stb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2001 at 8:45pm
Reply to message: 20.2340.1
quote:

BabyGirl originally wrote:
posted on 12-Jul-2000 10:51:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay well this is how you can do cornrows:
It's best that you watch someone do it slowly to learn but I'll explain it as well as I can.
1.Part the hair on both sides as far back as you want the braid to go creating a row of hair. You should practice using a section of hair that's neither too big nor to small.
2. Section a small part of hair at the hairline into three pieces.
3. Using either the left or right hand- whichever is more comfortable for you- place the first piece under your pointer finger and hold it there with your thumb. Place the middle piece on top leaving it free to work with and hold the last piece with between the thumb and the pointer next the first piece.
4. Take the free piece on top and hold it between the thumb and pointer of the other hand.
5.Push your pointer under the first of the two other pieces of hair while picking up a little piece of hair from the scalp at the same time and hold the last piece between your thumb and pointer.
Reapeat steps until you reach the end.
Your hair only has to be long enough so that you can hold it between your fingers comfortably.
It's kind of hard to braid your own hair at first so I recommend practicing on a doll or a friend.
I know how to do twisties but I'm not sure I can explain how they are done....

Thanks "BabyGirl" !!! Now I know how to do cornrows!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!!!
BabyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2001 at 2:51pm
GLAD I COULD HELP
*Come on Shorty if you think you can roll
wit an iced out playa ballin outta control*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic