Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A disturbing trend I saw at one high school

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
C.C. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A disturbing trend I saw at one high school
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:14pm
At one high school that I recently visited (I cover H.S.football games for a newspaper on Friday nights),it was homecoming night. All of the girls were wearingtheir hair up, and all in the same style, moderately curly.EVERY SINGLE ONE of them, no matter the length (except theone or two pixie cuts).I asked one, a cheerleader, if everyone was wearing it upand she said pretty much the whole school was doing it.I didn't have time to ask why, but I did (nicely) expressmy disappointment that none of the girls would show offtheir hair.Dang, most women look best with their hair down, or with thesides pinned up and the rest flowing. And part of the funof these social events was the variety of hairstyles andoutfits.I never went to a homecoming, but at the prom (in 1991)a good number of the girls at my high school let it down.My date had awesome ringlets.I hope some of you ladies will let your hair down.If you've got it, flaunt it!---C.C.
jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:14pm
> At one high school that I recently visited (I cover> H.S.> football games for a newspaper on Friday nights),> it was homecoming night. All of the girls were wearing> their hair up, and all in the same style, moderately> curly.> EVERY SINGLE ONE of them, no matter the length (except> the> one or two pixie cuts).> I asked one, a cheerleader, if everyone was wearing it> up> and she said pretty much the whole school was doing> it.> I didn't have time to ask why, but I did (nicely)> express> my disappointment that none of the girls would show> off> their hair.> Dang, most women look best with their hair down, or> with the> sides pinned up and the rest flowing. And part of the> fun> of these social events was the variety of hairstyles> and> outfits.> I never went to a homecoming, but at the prom (in> 1991)> a good number of the girls at my high school let it> down.> My date had awesome ringlets.> I hope some of you ladies will let your hair down.> If you've got it, flaunt it!> ---C.C.how true most ladies look great with hair down and maybe some curls to it.
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:14pm
> At one high school that I recently visited (I cover> H.S.> football games for a newspaper on Friday nights),> it was homecoming night. All of the girls were wearing> their hair up, and all in the same style, moderately> curly.> EVERY SINGLE ONE of them, no matter the length (except> the> one or two pixie cuts).> I asked one, a cheerleader, if everyone was wearing it> up> and she said pretty much the whole school was doing> it.> I didn't have time to ask why, but I did (nicely)> express> my disappointment that none of the girls would show> off> their hair.> Dang, most women look best with their hair down, or> with the> sides pinned up and the rest flowing. And part of the> fun> of these social events was the variety of hairstyles> and> outfits.> I never went to a homecoming, but at the prom (in> 1991)> a good number of the girls at my high school let it> down.> My date had awesome ringlets.> I hope some of you ladies will let your hair down.> If you've got it, flaunt it!> ---C.C.To a girl hair worn down just doesn't look as formal or nice as with it up. Most guys told me that my hair looks sexy for a nice event with it up anyways.
Alethea View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alethea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:14pm
You can never be sure why people do things unless you ask. The last dance my school had, we all wore hats with our hair tucked under and sunglasses. Why? A girl in our school got in a car accident and lost most of her hair and an eye. We were trying to make her feel less self conscious. I admit that everyone wearing the same hairstyle is rather odd, but there could be an underlying reason for it.
grey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:15pm
> I hope some of you ladies will let your hair down.> If you've got it, flaunt it!well I must agree with you that women should choose how they wish to style their hair. it is important to be yourself after all. I remember when I first choped off all my long blond hair, I thought everyone at school was going to die. then when I dyed it a nice dark brown.. *laughs* well, they ignored me. figured I didn't know waht I was doing. 'ruining' my long curly blond hair by choping it and dying it nice a dark.but the comment I left upthere ^^^^^^^^^ is what I'm going to complain about. now sir, I don't mean to sound rude, but your young. I can tell your a bit younger then myself.women are not here to look good for you men.sorry to break the news to you pumpkin, but I've learned that if I look good, its because I do it formyself, because I enjoy taking the time to slap some mascara on my lashes.I haven't taken my time to do it for someone else in ages. My husband doesn't mind. if a guy likes you, it should be about WHO you are, never about how you look.well I'm rambling.Grey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic