Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growing bangs out..help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing bangs out..help!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:17pm
I have tried twice recently to grow my bangs out but I got frustrated with the in-between stage and cut them. I am going to try again and I need some advice on cuts and styles to achieve this without the frustration. My hair is stick straight, one-length and about 4 inches below my shoulders.Is there anyone who was conquered the bang-battle that can give me advice???
JimB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:17pm
> I have tried twice recently to grow my bangs out but I> got frustrated with the in-between stage and cut them.> I am going to try again and I need some advice on cuts> and styles to achieve this without the frustration. My> hair is stick straight, one-length and about 4 inches> below my shoulders.> Is there anyone who was conquered the bang-battle that> can give me advice???youcould use clips to hold it back out of face till you get the length of bangs you want.
kimber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:17pm
> I have tried twice recently to grow my bangs out but I> got frustrated with the in-between stage and cut them.> I am going to try again and I need some advice on cuts> and styles to achieve this without the frustration. My> hair is stick straight, one-length and about 4 inches> below my shoulders.> Is there anyone who was conquered the bang-battle that> can give me advice???I was in your same dilemma over a year ago. My hairdresser cut a couple of inches off of the rest of my hair every time I went for a haircut, so as my bangs were growing the rest of my hair was getting shorter. He also layered and angled my length to blend the bangs in better. Once they got to my chin, I had him bob my hair one-length. Its now shoulder length and I love it and I get so my compliments. Just my patient and dont give in!
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:17pm
> youcould use clips to hold it back out of face till> you get the length of bangs you want.Well I went through the same thing that you are going through. I have had bangs my whole life and I wanted a change. It took me a coulpe of times to grow them out. I cut them back about three times. Now they are past my chin. And I have over come the hasle of bangs. What you do is push them of to the side or you can even do what I did put them back in a head band and use some hair spray to tame the stick ups. Or do the thing that people are doing these days the twists with boby pins or even clip them back with butterflys. Well let me know how you do and If you have any questions e-mail me at Panda5694@hotmial.comAmandaCome see my Page!Sign My SlamBook!
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
N/A View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N/A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:19pm
Hi I did the same thing as you got frustrated and I cut them again but the I decided if I'm ever going to get anywhere I was going to have to be patient. So what I did was I let them grow just so they covered my eyes then I split them ('cause they were thick) and cut part of them again that way when they grew out I could just spiral curl them or push them to the side or whatever. also I am waiting 'till they grow to shoulder length then I am going to cut my hair all the same length.
la View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote la Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:20pm
What I reccommend is that you find some cute hair clips and just split your bangs like your hair and clip them! When I first started growing out my bangs my hair was short and my banges were nose length and I would keep them in my face and my mom would cut them! Now my hair is below my soulders and so is my bangs! just keep them in clips. (I don't reccomend using headbands becouse your hair will stick up and it looks really dorky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic