Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phyto shampoos-your opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phyto shampoos-your opinions
    Posted: September 23 2004 at 10:58pm
Hi All,
For those of you who have tried the Phyto shampoos- do you like them/not like them and why?

If you don't like them, what shampoos have you found that you like better?

I've got to have shampoo. CO and my scalp just do not get along.

TIA,
strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
dragoness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 11:34am
Well, I'm not a fan of any shampoo that has impressive names (or attempts at impressive names) and I was just wondering why you would need this kind of shampoo at all? If you want tips for any other kinds of shampoo or ect I may be able to help, but maybe if some more details were given that would be great.
Grant me the serenity to accept the
things I can't change,the courage to
change the things I can't accept, and
the wisdom to hide the bodies of the
people I had to kill today because
they pissed me off.
maraga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 1:44pm
sounds like we have similar hair types. I just switched to ARTech smoothing shampoo and conditioner this week and am loving it. I have previously done infusium, panteen and a host of other ds products.

I don't get how people can not shampoo their hair. My hair looks oily and lifeless if I go longer than 1 1/2 days without washing it.
-Mara
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 10:39am

Hi Strawberryfine,

I have been using the Phytojoba shampoo for the past 6 months or so, and I really like it. It is moisturizing and contains jojoba oil. It never over-dries my hair.

And like Mara, I also really like the Artec smoothing shampoo and deep conditioner, which is in my rotation of conditioners.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 11:10am
Thanks to all for your posts, dragoness, margara & Dave. I may try the Phytojoba. I have used artec and really do like it.

As for more info:
I would prefer a shampoo without SLS, SLES, cones, that is not tested on animals, that will work well on my fine, oily-ish hair, type 2aFii, and would be gentle enough to use every day or every other day. HTH

strawberryfine
2aFii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2004 at 12:55pm
Just wanted to add I finally tried the Phytojobo shampoo and I really like it better than anything I've tried in ages.

I looked at the Phyto conditioners and didn't see anything without silicones. I am using Biolage Conditioning Balm; it only takes a bit on my fingertips rinsed through my hair.

I would like to find another conditioner to rotate, something that would work well on fine hair if anyone has any suggestions.

TIA,
strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 1:36pm
too expensive
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 8:16pm
Would that ARTec shampoo work on 4a relaxed hair? I think I want to try it. I have a lot of hair.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 10:13am
I love the Phytojoba. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way & a bottle lasts me forever. I like to switch often. I also use AllSoft, & occasionally, my husband's Suave or VO5 to clarify.
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 10:35am
You make a good point, Elissa. Thanks for posting. The Phytojoba is a little pricey, but like you said, it lasts a long time.

I justify it to myself by remembering:

1) I no longer spend money at a salon.
2) It doesn't take me long to spend the price of a bottle of shampoo I really like, on a bunch of products that I'm unsure of.
strawberryfine
2aFii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 8:57pm
Glad to hear you like the Phytojoba shampoo, Strawberryfine. I am also presently using the Biolage conditioning balm. A little goes a long way (I am nearing completion of a big tub of the stuff and will try something else when it runs out).

What else you might like for a conditioner might be based on your hair's needs -- its texture and condition. Is it fine/medium/coarse? And how healthy (or damaged) is it?

Layla, in your case it would probably work well, but I'd be more concerned with the conditioner. You probably could benefit from the use of deep conditioners.

(off topic comment -- cute timeline, Elissa )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 5:39am
Hmmm, let's see.

My hair is fine and really healthy except the bottom two inches still has old bleach and color on it. But I haven't even dusted in 8 months and I can't find any splits anywhere.

Biolage Conditioning Balm works well and will be a stand-by; it also works well for me as a leave-in. I also like it with a few drops of jojoba oil mixed in.

I've been thinking of trying a mixture of Conditioning Balm, distilled water, jojoba oil and vitamin e oil as a preservative, and I usually toss in a few drops of essential oil for fragrance any time I'm conducting "experiments".

Just looking for a another wonderful conditioner to rotate with the BCBalm.

Thanks again,

strawberryfine
2aFii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic