Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 5:14pm
Hi Emilee. My name is actually Juliana. My user name is way too long, but I don't think I can change it now. Your natural hair colour really suits you and not getting highlights keeps it healthy.

I had really long hair as a child, but it was short through junior high and much of high school. I've had it long for about ten years now. I find it much easier to take care of than short hair (less bedhead). As for sleeping, I actually just flip it up over the top of my pillow. It doesn't stay there all night, though. My boyfriend often rolls over on it. I've been trapped a few times, but I've just gotten used to it. Sometimes I put it in a scrunchy on top of my head. It gives me some wave and a bit of lift at the roots the next day.

The first picture I'm attaching shows my natural colour. It's auburn (sort of a chestnut with red and gold highlights in the sun). It's been that colour for ever and I got a bit tired of it, so I dyed it for the very first time ever about 3 weeks ago. It was a nice honey blonde. I loved it until I added some highlights. They were pale lemony yellow. I tried to tone them myself. It was disastrous. Over the next 24 hours, I had numerous hair colours ranging from apricot to bleached blonde. I eventually ended up with brown hair (2nd picture). I still want highlights, but I've learned my lesson. I'm going to a pro to get it done.

The third picture is me before I got my new haircut. I know what you mean about wanting to have some hair around your face. I have a high forehead, so hair all one length is a little too severe for me (as you can see in the photo).

My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 7:23am
Hello everybody! Great to see so much action on the board, and so many new faces!

For sleeping, I swear by my satin night cap (no tangles, no waves, no frizz). Unless it is wet (it takes forever to dry, might as well do it while sleeping), then I let it hang down on the floor.

I used to think the night cap was ugly at first, but I got used to the way it looks, and now I can spend cozy evenings by the tv in it (and my pyjamas), just being as comfortable as I can get!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 8:49am
hi viktoria! thanks for joining it!

i am getting attached to this site it is so much fun!

i want to share with you guys my "hair journey"
i think i might go to that thread & post that later
on.. (no time to figure that out now) but i have
had quite the journey, i think you guys might
find it.. interesting (:

my hair has been doing well at night. ive been
just simply wearing it down & pulling it to one
side. it works great. if i wake up throughout the
night i just consciencely(sp?) pull it to the side
so my husband does not lay/roll on it.

i cut more hair around my face last night.
thanks for juliana (: you inspired me! so
yeah, it looks alright.. i hate how that hair
appears dirtier then the rest though.. washing
over the sink is helpful.. yet very annoying..

thanks for sharing those pictures with us.
i love seeing people's hair. personally, i think
that you look really good without bangs. but
then again, ive never seen you with bangs.
but yeah, i like you in the picture i think that
you are a very beautiful woman (:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 10:02am
Hi ladies. Viktoria, that satin night cap sounds interesting. Did you make it yourself or did you buy it?

Thanks for the compliment, Emilee. (You're beautiful as well, as are you, Viktoria.) Part of the reason I decided to get some bangs is I think I look too young with my hair all one length. I'm small and I have a baby face. I'm 34, but I still get ID'd at the wine store or in pubs. I'm trying to make a career change -- from graphic designer to college instructor. I want to look more mature than my students. Some friends had recommended cutting my hair short, but I love having long hair. I think the layers make me look a bit more sophisticated.

Please do share your hair journey with us. I found the easiest way to upload the photos is to go to www.tinypic.com. You can just browse your hard drive for the photos and click "host". Just cut & paste the string of "Img" code they give you into your post.
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 7:52am
aaah well i will post my hair journey soon then.
i can upload them through my husband's site
(he does webdesign) so yeah im all set that way
but thank you very much! hmm ill try adding one
on to this post just for fun..

this is a picture of my hair on my wedding day
(i got married this summer)

as you can see i edited this many times because
i cannot get the image to appear so here is the
link haha..

i got it!!!!!!
sortof! haha..
thats not the picture that i wanted to put on
but i guess that i got rid of the picture of my
hair all done.. they ended up taking all of those
curls & pinning them up into loose curls & then
they put flowers all through it. then the top of
my hair is all weaved together .. basket like..

dragoness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 12:19pm
Hey! Your hair looks awesome...aswell as everyone elses. I'd have to stick with the advice of trying to hang your hair over the end of your bed, especially if your hair gets to point where it's long enough to stay over the side even when you roll around...YAY love tush-long hair!!! Good luck with growing it out, hope it works out well for you!
Grant me the serenity to accept the
things I can't change,the courage to
change the things I can't accept, and
the wisdom to hide the bodies of the
people I had to kill today because
they pissed me off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 12:31pm
Emilee, I love the hairstyle from your wedding photos. That is so cool. I've never seen that woven look before. Very beautiful.
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2004 at 12:57pm
Hi Emilee, Juliana, Vikteria:

I have been away for a few days. Just returned from a short trip to Foxwood's. It was great, lots of fun. Its great to meet you girls, and yes Em is so right. Its so nice to have girlfriends that all share the same love of long hair. So many of my friends are so not into long hair. They all want real easy to manage cuts for work. I know this makes things for them very easy. Its just that I really love having and wearing my hair long. Its so nice to have friends who share the same feelings.

Em - You natural color is great. I just love the wedding picture. I am thinking of adding some highlites to my hair. Just for a chage.

Juliana - You have very beautiful hair. Thank you so much for the kind words. What have you decited to do with your hair for the new job ? Can you just wear it up while you are teaching ?

Vikteria - tell us more about the cap you wear ?

Again, its so great meeting you all.

Susan
Susan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2004 at 3:05pm
I agree with you, it's great to find other women who enjoy talking about hair. Especially long hair.

Most of my friends have short hair. I've had short hair before and I've found that my long hair is easier to take care of. (None of my short-haired friends believe me when I tell them this.) When my hair was short I had to use a lot of styling products. I could never just roll out of bed, brush my hair and be ready to leave the house like I can now.

As for the teaching job, I'll probably stick with a loose bun for now. I'm sure that won't last for long, though. Once I've settled in I'll probably go back to leaving it down because that's my favourite way to wear it. I tend to get "hair headaches" when I leave my hair up all day. I think I was just concerned about the students' initial impression of me. I was afraid they wouldn't respect me as much if I looked too young.

Deltagirl, your hair looks highlighted in your photo. Is it or is that natural? Whatever it is, it's a lovely colour.

I'm planning on getting highlights soon. This is the colour I'm aiming for. The first time I ever coloured my hair was about a month ago (it's brown now). I want to be blonde though. I'm ready to try something new.

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 5:17am
Hi Everybody, you have been busy here! IŽve been traveling some this weekend, visiting short haired family. Thank you for all the compliments, and Emilee, those wedding pictures are stunning indeed. Your husband looks cute, but must be a bit daft if he needs to be talked into you wearing your hair long... Although, IŽm sure you are beautiful in any hairstyle.

And to the sleeping cap: I make it from two circular bits of satin, exactly 46 cm in diameter (like a shower cap), then I stich them together satiny side out, making a canal all around and thread it with an elastic band. Think 1820Žs married lady caps, although they were muslin and lace. You make it in a jiffy. Mine are brown. It takes some getting used to, I guess, like wearing contacts or braces.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 6:17am
Hi Juliana:

That photo was taken a few months ago. My hair color is not natural in that photo. My natural color is a shade or two darker. You are correct. In that photo I do have highlites. Since that photo was taken the highlites are gone. I was thinking of adding them back in. I like the look it gives me.

What to you all think ?

When I ask my girlfriends, they all say. I should cut my hair much shorter. I am so against that.

Susan
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 5:57am
hi girls! i am back. i figured i should take a few days break from here.. i think that i was getting rather attached (:

as for highlights.. do what you want! hair always
grows back.. if you want highlights, go get them!
just dont overdo it.. if you get them.. dont go get
rid of them or get something else right away, do it
in a healthy manner (:

i did it. i cut some more bangs. i wasnt going to
& they really arent THAT short.. but i like them..
& i figured hey, i needed a little little change &
this was just right.. they will grow back, but for
now i love them & i'm glad that i did it (:

and thanks for the compliments girls,
you guys make me feel so good!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 6:26am
Hi Em:

Big Welcome back. we missed you..

Susan
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 1:49pm
thank you susan (:
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 11:54am
Great pictures, Emilee! You, Susan and Juliana, and your hair, are pretty. Looking "too" young is not a bad thing, IMO. I used to be mistaken for being as much as 10 years younger than I am. Not so sure how much people would underestimate my age these days - high stress takes a toll.

Juliana, where on your head do you position the bun? Your headaches might be reduced or even eliminated if the positioning is changed.

Susan, why invite trouble? Don't even ask your hometown girlfriends for their opinion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 4:22pm
Hi Dave. I usually wear my bun quite high -- I like that look best. My hair is very thick and heavy. If I wear a lower bun, it's less uncomfortable. If I had more than one anchor point for my bun, the weight would be spread out and I would probably be less likely to get a head ache. I just hate hair pins, though. (I'm lazy when it coming to doing my hair.) I always feel best when I wear my hair down.

As for looking young -- I agree it's not all bad. I got ID'd in a bar a couple of days ago. I have to admit it made my day. I hadn't been ID'd since I was 28. I really only want to look older in professional settings.

P.S. Dave, you look very young in your photo. You're wearing your stress well.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 5:42pm
Hi Juliana,

I think Denise (catt_grrl) may have some ideas for putting your hair up in a way that won't hurt. Denise....?

Thanks for the compliment on my youthful appearance, though I will say that being on vacation (when the picture was snapped) does help reduce stress considerably -- at least for the duration of the vacation.
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 6:25pm
whoa have i been slacking or what!?!

haha.. well.. i feel as though i have nothing
new to say or write or post. i was going to
post my hair journey but i just havent found
the time to get them together & upload them.
we'll see. eventually perhaps.. i should have
earlier today, i was so bored.

anyway... my hair hates this weather.
cold & windy. aah wind is the devil.

anyway, just wanted to write & say that
i miss you all.. okay.. well goodnight!
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 7:26pm
Emilee, I just wanted to say I think your hair is really pretty!! I love that how they weaved it in your wedding photos. Very pretty!!

Dave, your hair is really long!! It looks very healthy and nice! Lol, Im envious!

Juliana, I think your natural hair color is so nice, I like that reddish auburn look, tho I know what you mean when you say you want to try a new color, cause I guess sometimes we get tired of our own color even though it is very pretty, and want to try something new. I bet you would look good blonde as well! I hope that works out good for you. :)
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 8:32pm
Thanks Eowyn. I've actually been blonde for 9 days now and I LOVE IT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic