Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Koolaid damaging to hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angelpog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelpog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Koolaid damaging to hair?
    Posted: July 03 2000 at 5:23am
I have hair that is about 4 inches above my knees (all my hair is one length)...and I'm going to a concert pretty soon and I was wanting to do some red streaks in the front....And I was wondering if Koolaid is damaging to hair...and if it comes out easily....If it is safe how would you apply it...

If it is not safe then would Hair mascara be better...and is it safe.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
There`s a God-shaped hole in all of us
And the restless soul is searching
There`s a God-shaped hole in all of us
And it`s a void only he can fill...
-- "God-shaped Hole" by Plumb
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2000 at 7:08am
Hi Angelpog!

I may be mistaken but I would think that Kool-Aid could be hard to remove. You know how hard it is to remove Cherry or Grape Kool-Aid stains from a white shirt? It's probably also difficult to remove the color from hair (which is also porous and absorbent). I think Hair Mascara is designed to be temporary so it would probably be safe, but again, I'm not sure about this.

Good luck and have fun!
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2000 at 3:14pm
I think Dave's right, Angelpog....please be careful about what you put on your hair! Locks as long as yours are rare and to be valued - and I'm sure you wouldn't want to damage them! Enjoy the concert...and keep on growing!
Chris
jessdavidson6 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessdavidson6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2000 at 4:55pm
Hey!
Yes hair mascara is safe. I have blonde hair and I've used green hair mascara before and it comes out fine. I've also used koolaid before and it came out but it doesn't work very good. It hardly shows up. I would suggest hair mascara
Jawbreaker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jawbreaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 11:26am
Hey, I streaked my long blonde hair in high school with red kool-aid, so I have experience here. I used lots of packets of red kool aid, and boiled it. It worked great, if you want your hair to be permanently bright red. It did not wash out at all until it grew out and I cut it. That`s the honest to goodness truth - go with it. If you want permanent, bright streaks or all-over color, kool aid works and doesn`t damage your hair - it just smells kinda fruity for awhile. Just remember that it`s very permanent, especially on light hair. Hope I helped.
PIXIE PUNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXIE PUNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2001 at 5:27pm
Reply to message: 20.1959.1
I could never get koolaid to work.. hmph
PIXIE PUNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXIE PUNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2001 at 5:27pm
Reply to message: 20.1959.1
I could never get koolaid to work.. hmph
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic