Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sidis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair
    Posted: August 14 2000 at 12:22am
My hair is naturally blond, and I'm not a big fan of it.

I'd like to have my hair dyed brown, then have blond hair put in. I'd style it with Bedhead gel to get the 'bedhead' look.. (to see it, go to www.mtv.com, go to Making the Band and check out Ashley's style). Money isn't a problem, lol, so it'll be done professionally

BUT, my question is, how damaging is this to my hair? Also, my eyebrows and eyelashes look too light to have a brown hair style, so I'd have to have them dyed, too. How plausible is THAT?

If it isn't, I'm going to get angry.
Thanks for any answers.

Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2000 at 7:55pm
Don't get angry. Not about the eyebrows/lashes, anyway. You're fortunate that way - they tint brows & lashes, meaning no permanent dye. No major damage. And blonde hair takes well to temp. colour =)
About your hair - that could be quite damaging. They say you should wait 1 week between dying hair if you REALLY have to. Maybe, ask your hairdresser about using a temporary color to darken your hair, and then you'll have to have a permanent colour to lighten it (only permanent colour can lighten hair). I used 2 temp. colours in 2 weeks and experienced MAJOR hair loss. Consult your stylist; or go to beauty.com They have experts you can talk to =)

Best wishes,
Catia
asiatic_12 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiatic_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2000 at 12:59pm
Sidis,

Hey that's alot of trouble to get blond hair that u technically already have but i do love Ashley's hair and i mean if ur willing to do it, it doesn't sound bad. Although dying ur eyebrows as well . . . that is a bigger plunge not a rilly geat idea . . . i mean it tends to make ppl look wierd. i'd leave ur eyebrows as is. Then if u still don't like it u can dye it after. It's better to be safe than sorry. =)

asiatic_12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic