Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

temporary dreads possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temporary dreads possible?
    Posted: June 21 2001 at 4:53pm
i realllllly want dreads, sad thing is they eventually have to come out, and that means cutting them off- and i hate short hair(on myself) so im looking for any ideas on how to get temporary dreads; meaning id like them to last weeks on end if possible....just as long as possible without them being permanent.., that would be nice- for vacation, easy to maintain...you knowwwww

any help at all for a long term, but not permanent way to achieve dreads or the look of them would be very very appreciated. anyone? thanks!
BatChick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BatChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2001 at 2:12pm
there`s no real way to make it last that long. you can try wax, but that`s what`s used on regular dreads that you can`t get out very easily. you can iron it out, but i can`t say if your hair would be in great condition. i suggest just doing a little bit of styling each day. take a shower, dry your hair... but not all the way, make it a little bit damp... use promade, and roll in locks. it might help to use a little bit of heat from a curling iron to keep them in better. it`s quick and easy. you don`t even really have to brush your hair first. in fact, you shouldn`t.
To the Batcave!
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2001 at 11:09am
Reply to message: 20.2763.1
Have you thought about maybe braiding your hair in cornrows? I know they aren`t the same as dreads but the braids might have a similar sort of feel and of course you can eventually take them out. Just a thought.

Good Luck
Bronnie
sponge_molly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sponge_molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2001 at 12:34am
Reply to message: 20.2768.1
YOU COULD TAKE A REALLY HEAVY STYLING GOOP AND PUT IT INTO LITTLE SECTIONS OF YOUR HAIR AND TWIST THEM AROUND EACH OTHER AND THEY`LL LOOK LIKE DREADS AND IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST LONG YOU CAN TAKE FISHING WIRE AFTER YOU DO THAT AND WRAP IT AROUND THE LITTLE SECTIONS YOU TWISTED. THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT LAST A WEEK IS TO NOT WAS YOUR HAIR WHEN YOU SHOWER THOUGH.
MOLLY JO
hassina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2001 at 6:48pm
Reply to message: 20.2822.1
quote:

sponge_molly originally wrote:
Reply to message: 20.2768.1
YOU COULD TAKE A REALLY HEAVY STYLING GOOP AND PUT IT INTO LITTLE SECTIONS OF YOUR HAIR AND TWIST THEM AROUND EACH OTHER AND THEY'LL LOOK LIKE DREADS AND IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST LONG YOU CAN TAKE FISHING WIRE AFTER YOU DO THAT AND WRAP IT AROUND THE LITTLE SECTIONS YOU TWISTED. THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT LAST A WEEK IS TO NOT WAS YOUR HAIR WHEN YOU SHOWER THOUGH.

Hey u know what u can do, u can crimp ur hair and then braid them it.......or u can twist ur hair strand by strand and then put wax and then crimp.......i hope it works!!
hassina
Melea View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2001 at 4:35am
Ok ok!!!! I got it!! I saw it in seventeen... What you do is take a little piece of hair and twist it pretty tight and then pray it down with hair spray or holding spray. Make sure you use quite a bit and then take a straightening iron or a curling iron and run it over your hair while it is still wet. Then spray the ends with the spray and curl it under a little bit. Just keep doing that until you have it all done. I`ve done it a couple of times to my hair and they are super easy to get out. I just wash mine out. I never had them in more than 2 days though but maybe they will last longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic