Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice for my Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JoseCo04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseCo04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice for my Hair
    Posted: July 09 2001 at 7:14pm
I`m 15 years old.. male, very dark brown hair... with oval face. I use the caesar style hair do... 0 in the sides.. faded to just trimmed with scissors on top... then i gel it forward. Heres my question.. the way i style it is I take a shower... and while its still damp and wet.. i`ll gel it forward with my hands, and then put spritz on it... the gel and spritz are from L`Oreal Studio Line (sux). I dont like the way my hair gets so hard and crunchy with the gel and spritz... and it doesnt hold all day. I`ve tried using less gel.. and less spritz, but i still dont get the effect i want. The way I`d like it is to look wet and shiny, and like.... LoL, i guess, stuck to my head? Should I quit using gel and switch to like grease.... or pomade or something? And does anybody know of a new brand of products that are good to use? I`m not at all satisified with l`oreal. any advice is much appreciated.... I have short wavy hair... so i dont have much to work with :o) but if anyone has any ideas for an oval face with short wavy brown hair... i wouldnt mind hearing em.
HaiRstYler14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaiRstYler14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2001 at 11:54am
Reply to message: 20.2870.1
quote:

JoseCo04 originally wrote:
I'm 15 years old.. male, very dark brown hair... with oval face. I use the caesar style hair do... 0 in the sides.. faded to just trimmed with scissors on top... then i gel it forward. Heres my question.. the way i style it is I take a shower... and while its still damp and wet.. i'll gel it forward with my hands, and then put spritz on it... the gel and spritz are from L'Oreal Studio Line (sux). I dont like the way my hair gets so hard and crunchy with the gel and spritz... and it doesnt hold all day. I've tried using less gel.. and less spritz, but i still dont get the effect i want. The way I'd like it is to look wet and shiny, and like.... LoL, i guess, stuck to my head? Should I quit using gel and switch to like grease.... or pomade or something? And does anybody know of a new brand of products that are good to use? I'm not at all satisified with l'oreal. any advice is much appreciated.... I have short wavy hair... so i dont have much to work with :o) but if anyone has any ideas for an oval face with short wavy brown hair... i wouldnt mind hearing em.

You dont have to listen to me, but I say you just cut your hairlike spike it or something. That is the trend for guys in California. if you dont live in california maybe u could start a trend. My dad and brother did nto exactly have the ceaser look but they had longer hair and my brother actually didnt care what it looked like but my dad did. He could never get it to stay longer than a couple hours. It was always messy and funny. Then when he did the mest up spike look it has been great ever since. It stays and it only takes gel and 1 minute out of your day. My brother also spiked his hair and he is happy with it. My brother uses this gel called Ice Spike and he can put a hat on a helmet on go skateboarding and take his hat or helmet off and it still will be spiked up. The gel is kinda like glue but it doesnt ruin your hair. Well I hope mayb eyou can take my advice. If you dont I understand cuz maybe you dont like it and i usually never use peoples advice.i just go with what i like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic