Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pixie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pixie?
    Posted: November 24 2001 at 9:18pm
well in 3 days im getting my hair cut and im thinking that im gonna get a pixie cut. Do you guys think that pixie cuts are cute? Or too boyish? And do they take alot of time to make it have body~ you know kinda flip out? i was just wondering cuz i dont want to chop it all off and then find out that my hair totally sucks. Thanks for the help!
scrye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2001 at 10:08pm
hmmm...personally i don`t really find pixie cuts attractive whenever i see them i am thinking either a) wow thats cool my hair is actually longer then a girl`s, or b) yikes thats scary my hair is longer then a girl`s.

but this is just my opinion...if you find a pixie cut that you absolutely adore in a hair style book try it if you think it would look good on you:)

never let other people try to convince you to do something to your hair in my opinion...do whatever you want to do:D

justin
"Death is all around me, but now I'd rather die then follow mediocrity" Run - Project 86

"Boys think their the bomb, because they remind them of their mom" Barlow Girls - Superchic[k]

justin
hairfairy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfairy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2001 at 10:32pm
hi allison,
i got a pixie a while ago from midback not only did i love it but i noticed that guys became more interested in me!
its a great style and if u need me to give you more info feel free to email me, and please tell what u end up doin
thanx
-angel
angel_babe_656@bolt.com
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 2:38am
Reply to message: 20.3805.1
Hi allison,

Personally I do not find pixie`s very cute as there are only a very small percentage of girls that can get away with wearing their hair cut that short. The thing that concerns me about your post, is where you ask about flipping out a pixie cut. Pixie cuts are cut quite short, especially in the sides and back and there is not real way of flipping them out as there is not enough length to!

Best wishes,

john
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 7:33am
Maybe you should try something like Jamie Pressly`s new cut.
~*~*Lisa*~*~
Rodney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 11:44am
Allison,
what`s your current haircut? Do you have a pic to post?
That might help us judge how it would look on you.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 1:51pm
Reply to message: 20.3810.1
As with any hairstyle, there are variations. To some the pixie is a very short style...like Charlize Theron in The Astronauts Wife. (too short for me)
To others, including myself, the term pixie can mean a short cut, but doesn`t have to be that short, usually with short bangs.
I think you would like the "pixie" that Halle Berry sometimes wears. It is about 2" long with flips and such.
I would suggest finding a picture...also, the pixie does "focus" the attention on the facial structures.
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 3:27pm
Guess I`ll venture into the teen area even though I`m Waaaay on the other end of the age barrier.

The biggest determining factor of whether you`ll look good in an extremely short haircut (whatever you want to call it) is to see if your face can handle having very little hair around it, i.e., if you look good with it slicked back wet or pulled back close to your head chances are you`ll like it...wags
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2001 at 11:05pm
Reply to message: 20.3813.1
thats a good idea waggy. but if she goes through with the cut she might want to keep the back a little long to help with the flippy look.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2001 at 9:42pm
Hi guys. thanks for the advice. I get my hair cut tommorrow I`ll let you guys know what happens. I appreciate all your input.
lauren_a View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauren_a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2001 at 9:47pm
Reply to message: 20.3825.1
You never told us your current haircut....Good luck tomorrow...I think you should go for the pixie or some sort of short, "messy" style with body to it.....
Lauren_A View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 7:33pm
Reply to message: 20.3805.1
Allison,
What did ya end up doing? Give us the story. Pics?

Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 9:47pm
Well, i got about 5 maybe 6 inches cut off. That leaves me with about 3 inches. I was thinking of going shorter before i got my hair cut but she didnt cut it as short as i was thinking. But just as well cuz i really love my hair! :) I got compliments all day even from people that i hardley ever talk to. Im glad i got my hair cut. Im sorry but at this point i dont have any pics..
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 10:11pm
Reply to message: 20.3838.1
i`m glad u love it. it sounds neat. maybe one day i`ll get mine cut short. i`ve never worn my hair shorter than mid way between my shoulder and chin.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
lauren_A View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauren_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2001 at 6:17pm
Allison,
That sounds cool....It sounds like a big change for you and a good length. How are you styling it now? Is it all one length or layers?
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2001 at 6:58pm
Its layered. Well right now all i do is jel it then blow dry it and then I put this stuff called Wired in it. It helps my hair stay the way I want it. The back of my hair just naturally flips out cuz i have some natural wave to my hair. And i tuck most of the front behind my ears except for some of it cuz some of the bangs she cut are meant to just kinda whisp out if that makes sense..
Lauren_a72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren_a72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2001 at 3:00pm
Allison,
How`s that pixie doing? Do you still like it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic