Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About my hair
    Posted: December 08 2004 at 6:44pm
Why is it when I was my hair it gets dark but when its dry the color is different like light and drys very easily/?? what do i do??
Look up
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 7:46pm
Huh? I don't understand your question.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 8:09pm
Sorry lol, When I take a shower my hair is dark, but when I dry it it gets light like really light, Agian Im not sure if it was dye or bleach that was in my hair, Im jus tconfused about my hair right now
Look up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 8:50pm
Everybody's hair looks darker when it's wet. It's most noticeable on light hair. Here's a scientific explanation: http://www.geocities.com/thesciencefiles/waterstain/darkening.html

As for the confusion about your hair -- you say you don't know whether your hair was bleached or dyed. What was your colour before the process and what was your colour afterwards? When did you do this bleach or colour? If it was recent, that may be the explanation for the shorter hair at the front which you've been worried about. Damaged hair can break off.
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 9:50pm
well it was in 2001 when I got hair changed in color it was brown and now some reason its not like a blond but something else brown and blonde mix? will the hair grow even if it broke up the hair, and what type of hair is good for it, Like when i put my hair down some roots ar elonger thanothers in the front, will it grow or not since it was bleached/dyed?
Look up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 10:31pm
If your hair was bleached or dyed 3 years ago it should have grown approximately 18" since then. All of the hair that was processed is probably long gone -- cut off a while ago (you mentioned having your hair buzzed with clippers).

Even if you had just bleached your hair a week ago and had breakage, it wouldn't make your hair stop growing. Hair growth comes from the follicles. Breakage of the hair shaft doesn't affect the follicle. Hair that is extremely damaged by bleaching and/or other chemical processes can break off close to the roots. The hair does grow back though.

If your hair is not growing, there's something else going on. It's not a hair issue; it's probably dermatological or hormonal. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR AND FIND OUT, PLEASE! You will probably get an explanation that will put your mind at rest. Then you can stop worrying so much about your hair.
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 12:33pm
sorry for bothering you with same question AND YOU KEEP TELLING ME TO GO TO THE DOCTOR! lol sorry lol
Look up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 4:55pm
No need to apologize. Just GO TO THE DOCTOR! LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic