Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Hair Care...Advice Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Hair Care...Advice Anyone?
    Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:28am
Hi People,
The winter solstice has begun where I live. I posted a previous message on another hair care topic and got some great advice and hair care tips for the cold winter months. If anyone would like to add to this new topic...please do!

Lastly...just a little something to make you smile and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

http://ww12.e-tractions.com/snowglobe/globemail.htm

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:48pm
Well, I wish I had any sound advice, I could use some myself. Basically, going to Spain is the best thing I ever do for my hair - unlike for some, my hair loves humidity. So I have bought a humidifier for my home. I love it, though it does in no way compare to Spain.

I still think long hair is better than short in the winter. My hair style is totally unmoved by hats - I can´t remember when I last had a "bad hair day"!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 10:40am
A few tidbits of advice... if you can't afford a vacation to a warm & humid locale, buy a humidifier... winter is an especially good time to be sure the ends have enough moisture, to help minimize tangling made worse by static due to dry air. Protect your hair from windy weather by keeping it under wraps (hat, or tucked into coat). Don't venture out if it's very cold and your hair is wet (as it may freeze and snap off). Plan when you wash your hair so it can dry before you meet up with the cold air. HTH!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 6:46am
My #1 hair care tip, esp. true in winter: DO NOT HEAT-STYLE!
[/url]

strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 3:18pm
I'm just echoing what others have said.

Don't go out wet headed.
Use a humidifier.
Remember to oil.
Wooden combs can help cut down on static.

HTH,

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic