Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your 2005 Hair Resolutions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your 2005 Hair Resolutions
    Posted: January 01 2005 at 9:35am
Happy New Year, everyone!

What are your new year's (new hair's) resolutions?

I endeavor to take better care of my hair by being more gentle when detangling, and performing more "search & destroy" missions on splits (I've got a bumper crop of them at the moment). I'd also like to make better efforts to keep the ends better moisturized & oiled.
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 12:08pm
Long hair resolutions:

1. condition AND oil regularly

2. stop trying to detangle without mercy

3. try to resist trimming at the salon, which usually means 4-6 inches off.

4. do some interesting styles sometimes other than plain bun or two braids, one braid.
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 12:25pm
I resolve to not listen to not listen to what the "in" style is not, and grow my hair out to hip length. I also resolve to clarify my hair more frequently and be gentler when styling my hair. =)
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 5:20pm
Journal Entry From Earlier Today

January 2005 New Year, New Plan

Warning: Bubba could break out into a pondering at any moment. Be prepared to be taken on a ride. Please keep your hands inside the car at all times and your safety belts fastened. We are not responsible for injury or loss of property while reading this entry.
Thank You,
Management of BubbaLand

It is now officially the New Year in Michigan. Until yesterday I really didn't have a plan or resolutions. But after seeing so many people who have gone ahead and made changes for the better I've decided to make some changes towards healthy hair.

I have really been struggling the past 6 months with my routine. I have started to fall back into my rut of tangles and breaking during combing. Who am I kidding? I didn't start falling I fell in. In the past few months I have worn my sleep tail maybe 3 times. That sleep tail is my routine. Without that I might as well forget the rest. I cannot sleep with loose hair. It does not work for me. Maybe a satin pillowcase would help? Duh, it will.

My goal was set at 36" which is about waist on me. In September I did a trim and measured about 33". I have not measured since then. Here's the thing. I'm probably at least 34"-35" right now. I don't want to be getting to waist length yet. I have not earned that right. And I have not Learned that length. So as of now my goal is still 36" but I am not allowed to get there until the end of this year. Yeah, how do I not grow my hair? For starters I don't care what my hair measures right now. It could be 37 inches. I am cutting my hair back to 33 inches. That's step 1. I don't care if that's 1/2 inch or 4 inches. I have way too many broken ends, shorter pieces, and "undesigned layers" to keep growing without getting them under control.
That means that my goals for the year are

1. Start at 33"
2. Do Search and Snips on splits and breaks. Often.
3. Keep hair growing towards 36" but do not pass it early. Hitting 36" early means a required immediate trim of 1 inch minimum. No exceptions to this rule. I don't care if some miracle happens and splits go away. The waist is off limits before 2006.
4. Do trims regularly to maintain hem ends. Work out trim frequency to take 1/2 inch at least every trim to maintain good hem.
5. Learn how to do something other than a gosh darn ponytail. What the heck do I have this long hair for? I better be doing braids by summer. At least to try sleeping in them.
6. Denman Brush - Must Have Now!!!

Keep Shining :)
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 7:10pm
My resolution: To be gentler, to be patient and not cut, to enjoy my hair more and experiment with new styles.

And all my best wishes for you all!

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 4:51am
To wear it down more - I'm so neurotic about frizz that I tie it up the second that it starts to frizz at all, but no one else seems to notice, so maybe they're onto something.

Resist coloring - my natural dark brown seems to be the color of the moment anyway.

And even though I like my bangs for now, by the end of the year I will probably have begun to grow them out. Starting in the summer, probably; humidity makes me look like Shirley Temple on crack (no offense meant to Shirley Temple or crackheads).
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 6:54am
I echo the same. More dusting. More gentleness when I detangle it.

Master the dadgum french twist. I thought I'd been wearing a twist for months now, turns out its more of a half-french-roll-half-twist type thing that doesn't look as good as an actual twist would.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 11:33am
Stop pulling my hair into a ponytail all the time. and figure out a way to prevent breakage. get rid of bubble hair.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 3:00pm
I got a trim of about 3/4" on Jan. 02. It was combed rather roughly with me howling the entire time. It's a little choppy but at least some more of the old bleach is gone.

1)I will only S&D until my hair is long enough to pull around and trim myself. That will probably be December 05 at the earliest.

2. Since I won't be trimming, I resolve to be extra gentle with every single hair, while combing, brushing, detangling, shampooing, styling, sleeping, hanging my head out of moving car windows(just kidding, I don't really do that) etc, etc, etc.

3. I will be more conscious of my clothing and try to wear more things with a slippery texture and less nubby fabrics. If the fabric is rough, hair will be up, preferably with a silky scarf around my shoulders.

4. Find a better way to sleep on my hair; silk hair bonnet, silk scrunchies, tied with a sock, tied with smooth ribbon, braided.

5. Try to drink 2 glasses of water a day. I hate to drink water so this is a reasonable goal for me.
Also, 1 glass milk daily.

6. Keep ends oiled daily with jojoba and stop sampling everything in the world. My hair is dizzy from last year's exposures.

7. Enjoy the ride. I resolve to enjoy my hair each and every day wherever I am with the length.

I'll have to keep coming back here to remember all of these;LOL.

Happy New Year,

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
matt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 3:23pm
dont cut it.....
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 11:21am
New Year's hair resolutions
(1) to reach hip length or possibly tailbone within 2005
(2) to finally make up my mind about whether I want 100% uncut tapered ends.
(3) to be more patient when combing out tangles
(4) to not talk to real life people about my hair as if it were a fresh relationship. to keep quiet about my visiting hair boards unless the person asks for hair advice. and yet, to invite more visitors.
(5) to remember to take vitamins and drink more water
(6) to find more innovative but safe ways to make my hair wavy and/or curly
(7) To not worry too much about hair loss, and remember that spring will bring more growth and thickness.
my LJ, 40 inches long
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 6:49pm
I would like to get to 30 inches by 2006 after that I would like it waist length. I would like to hot oil treat more often and wear it down more as opposed to a pony tail.

Keep it growing
TLsf
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic