Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists/Awardees
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists/Awardees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists/Awardees
    Posted: January 03 2005 at 5:45pm
While this group has tongue-in-cheek origins, they recently awarded the best hair for male and female scientists for 2004-2005. If you browse the site, you will see scientists with many different kinds of long hair styles.

http://www.improb.com/projects/hair/2004/m-w-2004-5.html#woman

The female winners were featured in the 24 Dec issue of Science.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 5:29pm
Huh! Very interesting...

Thanks for sharing, Kab!
Gormlaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gormlaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 11:42pm
Of particular interest may be Paddy O'Brien, a rare gem among men with his outstanding continued growth. I first saw this man pointed out at in a post Victor's Long Hair Hyperboard and have been grateful for that ever since.

http://www.improb.com/projects/hair/2004/patrick-obrien-hair-HIRES.jpg

Gormlaith

Oh, and consider me counted in the pile of "welcome back Dave" messages
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 7:44am
I feel left out. I'm going to start the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Science Teachers.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Gormlaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gormlaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 9:36pm
Hey eKatherine, I am wondering what exactly we need to qualify as scientists. I inclusively teach science to my students. To teach it you have to have a lot of that knowledge, don't you?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=scientist

Gormlaith
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:37pm
These people all seem to have doctorates and teach in colleges. But now there's two of us, we should get t-shirts made up and give us each an award.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Gormlaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gormlaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:05pm
And there is always marry a longhaired scientist and get in on their picture.

Gormlaith, Elizabeth Regina
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:42pm
Or, just establish the "Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Teachers." You both can be the charter members. A fine start!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic