Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlights!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.copper_sax. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .copper_sax. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights!!!!!
    Posted: March 27 2002 at 5:22am
When you buy a highlight pack from shop or whatever, does the cream stuff come in just one colour and it lightens your hair to suit you, or do you have to choose the right one for yourself, and if that is the case, how do you know what colour will suit you? Im considering highlights for myself, but v.confused......... :|
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2002 at 3:47am
I think you should make yourself an appointment at the salon if you are considering highlights.
I once tried to go blonde with a DIY kit,
BIG MISTAKE!
It looked totally false and took two and a half years to grow out.
Your hairdresser will know what colour will suit you.
m.y.o.b
.copper_sax. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .copper_sax. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2002 at 5:48am
well, im already a medium blonde so i dont think it would make that much of a difference to my hair. I can`t afford to have it done profesionally anyway.
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2002 at 11:49am
Well it depends what type of dye you go for.
The dye I used, you left it on depending on the results you wanted, anything from 5 minutes to 2 hours. Now I there are recomended lengths of time eg. 20 minutes 40 minutes.
You can also pick out the shade you want.
You live in the UK right?
Then go to Savers they have all the big names like Herbal Essences and Clairol (which cost around £4.50) but they don`t cost as much as places like Boots where its around £7.50.
Hope this helps.
m.y.o.b
Esther View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2002 at 8:24pm
You have to choose the colour for yourself. But it really depends because the same colour that you chose for yourself might come lighter or darker than you expected.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic