Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want straigt hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shortcake View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want straigt hair!
    Posted: May 22 2002 at 2:38pm
Hey, have you ever tried curling it instead of straightening? I have really curly hair and trying to straighten it is such a pain. When I straighten my hair, I use a Conair Steaming Straightener. It works really good if you do it right. You should consider your options. Since your hair is naturally wavy, you can do a lot with it. If you do straighten it, try a different method, cuz it sounds like you`re havin a hard time as it is. Try curling it and you might be surprised at what you see. What I do with my hair is this: when I get out of the shower, I put gel or moose in my hair (which ever you prefer) , then I comb through it to get the tangles out, then I use my fingers as a comb, finally, I take the hair and scrunch it (scrunching helps bring out the curls a little better).
If that doesn`t work, I would suggest talking with a hair stylist.

Straight hair impared,
Shortcake
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 3:17pm
MY hair is about < 2 inches from chin length, and it`s wavy and very often goes messy and sticks up no matter how much I comb it or use conditioner or put gel in. I can get it pretty much straight or mildly wavy by combing it a lot wih a wet comb (I need to use a wide tooth AND a narrow tooth) but the bits at the back still stick up! I don`t mind if it`s wavy that much I just wish it wouldn`t stick up. I`m growing my hair out and I don`t want it to pile in a bit mess at the back.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic