Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Dyeing Dilemma...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Celebwen553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebwen553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Dyeing Dilemma...
    Posted: June 13 2002 at 5:42pm
OK, I have been wanting to dye my long blode hair for a while now, but I couldn`t decide on a color till a little while ago. I decide that I wanted pink tips that blende with my blond as it goes up, but my problem is, I don`t know how to do it (I am doing it at home). So if anybody out there knows, cares, or has a better idea that`d be great.
Thanks
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2002 at 6:51pm
I don`t know very much about hair dying but that sounds like it would be hard to at home.
:|Have you found a dye yet? I think somebody on one of these boards was having trouble finding a permenant pink hair dye.
Sorry I`m not of much help:( I hope you get a reply from somebody who knows what they are talking about and can help you on this.:D
StArSpArK
stubborn&stupid666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stubborn&stupid666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 12:18pm
I don`t know your answer, but I want to know aswell. I`d love to have brown hair with pink ends, but I`m a blonde, so I`ve gotta get the brown bit done first. Keep us posted on this!
Shivani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shivani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2002 at 9:28am
Yes i think i know how! Would you be looking for a permanent or temperary? I would try the temperary 1st 2 c if u like the style! Well for temporary u can go 2 any drug store or supermarket and buy a pinkish hairgel or hair wand and just brush it through the tips of your hair. Not all pink gel works..only the kind made for your hair to turn pink! My friend did pink not too long ago on her blonde hair and it looks GREAT! The wands wash out in about 2-3 washes..and the gel washes out in 1!! Have fun email me w/questions! Good LUCK!
SilverIdol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverIdol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2002 at 6:46pm
Find a strawberry blonde dye, those are kind of pinkish! Then take a swab or something and apply a lot to the ends then apply to 3-4 more in. of your hair, using less and less dye so it fades out.

hope I helped!
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.· ° ·. SilverIdol .· ° ·.»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
butterflybabe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterflybabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by celebwen553 celebwen553 wrote:

OK, I have been wanting to dye my long blode hair for a while now, but I couldn't decide on a color till a little while ago. I decide that I wanted pink tips that blende with my blond as it goes up, but my problem is, I don't know how to do it (I am doing it at home). So if anybody out there knows, cares, or has a better idea that'd be great.

hey when u color you`r hair and it falls out don`t come crying to me because you had a chemical reaction or a chemical mush! don`t screw around with your hair got to a profeshional and get it done thee and you don`t have to worry about it all falling out on you`r lap! they will do it very nicely and you cant go wrong! yes it cost alot more but it is worth it! they know what they are doing!
butterflybabe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterflybabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 8:01pm

OK, I have been wanting to dye my long blode hair for a while now, but I couldn't decide on a color till a little while ago. I decide that I wanted pink tips that blende with my blond as it goes up, but my problem is, I don't know how to do it (I am doing it at home). So if anybody out there knows, cares, or has a better idea that'd be great.

hey when u color you`r hair and it falls out don`t come crying to me because you had a chemical reaction or a chemical mush! don`t screw around with your hair got to a profeshional and get it done thee and you don`t have to worry about it all falling out on you`r lap! they will do it very nicely and you cant go wrong! yes it cost alot more but it is worth it! they know what they are doing!
tif View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2002 at 4:58am

Are you looking to get a fading effect? so your hair is blonde then light pink then darker pink til the darkest pnk? if so the way i would think it would work is dying you tips pink and wash them 5 /6 times to lose some color effect then redying the lower parts of the pink tips then it MIGHT have a color difference i don`t know if it will work but i`d thought i`d help ya out byes
Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2002 at 12:47am
Is your blonde hair natural or bleached? If it is bleached the pink will not come out. It may still not come out even if your hair is natural. Use Manic Panic in the Pink shade of your choice.It is a semi perm. color that will not damage your hair but will stain it and just about everything it touches.There are many beauty stores that sell this or try a Hot Topic store, also online.
Section your hair into three pony tails. Two on the side and one in the back. You may need a friend to do the back for you. Apply a little bit at a time starting at the bottom.You can comb it in and then start feathering it up with a toothbrush so it "fades" up towards your roots.Leave it on for about an hour then rinse each section by itself. Use gloves, have some bleach handy to clean the bathroom. It is messy until you get the hang of it.
Jarcanda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarcanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2002 at 8:37pm
I agree with using manic panic or a similar sort of semi-permenant haircolor. Try getting several shades of pink and put the darkest at the bottom and then the next darest above it, blend them together abit when you do, cause all of those dyes are fine to blend together. Use a tint brush, it shouldn`t be that hard, I`ve done something similar, only it was black and red stripes at the front of my hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic