Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question before I mess up my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question before I mess up my hair
    Posted: March 11 2003 at 5:59pm
I've decided I really want to dye my hair right now, I don't want to wait until I bleach it. I'm not sure what colour yet, maybe a dark purple or the same red that was at the front of my hair. It'll be a long time before I bleach my hair though so hopefully all the colour will be washed out and I'll just have plain orange hair which should be easier to bleach. What do you think? I really want to dye it but I don't want to damage it too much either.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 5:20pm
thanx for the advice. I've asked loads of times about bleaching I'm just a bit of an idiot I guess and impatient.

The big problem is that I'm trying to grow my hair out too. I was thinking of saving up for extensions too.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 1:48am
Hi! Even if your hair is thick, I'd say that you should probably have a professional do the bleaching...not as much for the color (since you said you like unnatural, unusual colors :) ), but since bleaching does all sorts of terrible things to your hair, and doing it at home could be kinda dangerous (I know- I have, in the past, fried my hair beyond recognition trying to bleach it myself).
Regular coloring you can probably do on your own, but make sure you've got some good conditioner(s) if you're going to do all of this color-changing.
Good luck to ya!
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2003 at 10:55am
I like not Natural looking =)

I think I might bleach it towards the end of the Summer, depending on how much it is grow.

A friend of mine bleached her hair orange actually, it was dyed black. The first time she bleached it it was pretty much brown, the second time it went a really cool shade of orange but her roots were white. One or 2 people made fun of it but I thought it was cool, and so did a lot of other people.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2003 at 9:22am
Well, I wish it were that easy. Anytime you apply lightner (bleach) on any color hair especially dark hair you are going to pull the blue out of your natural color first. So what are you left with? Red and Yellow=Orange. Or any combination in between, not natural looking.:) Sophie
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2003 at 5:39am
What if I bleach it so it goes brown? Then it wouldn`t be putting in any extra pigment, only removing it, and then I could bleached it properly some other time. Wouldn`t that make it even less damaged?

It costs a lot though.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2003 at 10:49pm
Are you going to a Salon to have your hair done Vineman?

You are talking about some pretty serious color. Especially on thick Dark hair. There are a lot of variables.

So, my best advise is to see your Stylist. And I`m giving this advise, because I correct colors gone wrong everyday.

Incase you are determined to do it yourself, Yes anytime you apply color only to ty to remove it later it complicates things.

And performing chemical services one after the other is a tricky business, even for seasoned Colorists`.

:)Get Thee To A Stylist...or better yet Become One.:)
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2003 at 4:10pm
I`ve been thinking of dying my hair brown, so unnatural colours will kinda show up on my hair. My hair is black but not really dark black, and I`m thinking of bleaching it during the summer or whenever it grows a bit longer, so I don`t want to mess it up. Will my hair be messed if I dye it brown and then bleach it a few months later?

Please tell me as I might do it soon and I don`t want to do something I`ll regret.

I have very thick hair and I`ve been told it won`t be very damaged by bleach.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic