Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

will blue show up on unbleached black?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: will blue show up on unbleached black?
    Posted: July 12 2003 at 9:42pm
i got naturally jet black hair and i wanna dye it blue but i dont kno if i need 2 bleach...has ne1 ever tried dying over black hair?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 10:30pm
If it showed up at all, it would be only a faint tint that might show up in the sun, if at all. The only way to make dark hair obviously blue (or green, pink, purple, etc) is to bleach it out first and then dye over it. That makes the dye last longer, as well.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 7:17am
I tried dying it blue to give it a blue tint but even that didnt' come out and I ended up putting loads of blue marks on the phone.

You don't need to bleach it blonde, you can just bleach and dye it a light brown and it should show up. If you bleach it you'd need to bleach it platinum otherwise it'd turn out green.
EmInEm_GuRl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmInEm_GuRl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:58pm
i jst hav a guestion..... y do u want ur hair 2 b blue??
redhead89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhead89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 11:47am
Blue hair looks really cool on certain hair types. I almost wanted to once.
Jood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 10:49am
Try using Special Effects' Blue Velvet. It's a really really dark blue and could give your hair a blue tinge.
Jood

www.haircrazy.info
crazy bitch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy bitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 1:54pm
It will take u about 5 attempts to get it to show up and if it does it wont be anything special it will look stupid, so i wouldny bother you will look like a real freak the same as black hightlights through blonde hair shes a complete idot that pchyco on the other line
redhead89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhead89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 6:01pm
i would love to dye my hair blue. maybe a light blue would look good and show up better than a dark blue.
anon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 7:07pm
yea ok i just wanna thank everyone 4 ur advice (and complaints i guess) but i eventually bleached it to a kinda platinum blonde and dyed it for those of u who were wonderin
hellodimwit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellodimwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 4:35pm
i have tried dyeing my unbleached dark brown hair blue but it didn't show up at all. i have finall learned that (from my stylist) that you can not go two shades lighter than your hair with semi permanent, but with permanent u can.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2003 at 9:10am
Quote yea ok i just wanna thank everyone 4 ur advice (and complaints i guess) but i eventually bleached it to a kinda platinum blonde and dyed it for those of u who were wonderin

Usually people make a bigger deal about bleaching their hair than that O_o
I hope you like your hair and we'd love to see pics
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
siberiantiger23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siberiantiger23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 3:12pm
Why Blue? Why the hell not? I havent gone blue yet, although someday I will. I have had Pink hair for the past 4 years and I get so many compliments on it. It takes alot of guts to just go to a Vibrant Un-Natural Color, alot of people dont even try it because they are afraid to make such a dramatic change. Myself, I love change and being different. I also love the attention it brings :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic