Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying hair red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying hair red
    Posted: July 19 2003 at 9:09am
I'm getting my hair dyed all red (Red red, but not too bright, they did the front before and it came out really well without bleach on black hair)
but my Dad will really give out to me! I'm getting it done on wednesday when hes away. I could probably compensate by just getting the front of my hair redone or a couple of stripes, but I'm not sure I want that because my hair is wavy.

My Dad told me not to mess around with my hair, but I'm 17 and going away to college afer the summer. What should I tell him before he goes/when he comes back?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 2:34pm
The Truth works miracles. Being a father, and a son to a father, Dad's usually find out the truth anyways. Tell him what you are going to do and why. If he is against it, here him out, tell him you respect his opinion, but you will be doing this anyways. Good luck.
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 2:41pm
I agree..the truth always works..

I've been dyeing my hair since I was 13 or so, and my parents are fine with it. It allows us teenagers to experiment and try to be an individual and just live our own life. I've had horrible experiences with hair dye, and I've had wonderful ones as well. It's actually taught me a lot because I have insisted on paying for it myself (so I have to earn the money/learn how to spend+save, etc), and I've seen that mistakes happen and whatever.

I say tell him, let him give you his whole opinion, and just like the above post said, tell him you respect his opinion but are going to do it anyway.
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2003 at 10:18am
I'm not so sure. My Dad is away right now for a few days, I think the best thing to do is to get my Mum to tell him, that way when he sees it he won't give outoo much and I won't have to listen to him on the phone either.
I can't respect his opinion as it is my hair and he doesnt' exactly have to get really mad if I just change the colour of it.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 5:48pm
I got my hair dyed but it didn't come out very bright at all! It's still dark it just shines very red and it's read at the roots. I'm really disappointed it cost more than I expected too. I really watned to have red hair =(
NOITHO2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOITHO2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2003 at 4:57pm
why do peeps like red hair? I have red and I hate it!
~*T*~
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2003 at 6:55pm
Red as in unnatural red, not ginger/orange red but I don't mind some shades of that. It's a personal opinion.
redhead89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhead89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 7:30pm
GOOD LUCK!!
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 1:38pm
I just said I did it and it didn't come out =P Bit of a waste.
redhead89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhead89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2003 at 4:08pm
I mean good luck fixing it! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic