Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ahhhh im tryin to gro a fro..tht wuld be awesome...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ahhhh im tryin to gro a fro..tht wuld be awesome...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
I_LOVE_ME View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 3:15pm
Did you try any of these?
Pittbull View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pittbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 10:26pm
I really have come to the conclusion there is no way to get an afro without a perm...no gel, hair product, technique or anything can make your hair an afro and stick, a temporary way would probully be a curling iron. But other than that you have to get a perm.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 11:56am
just for everyone's info HAIR IS DEAD BY THE TIME IT GROWS OUT YOUR HAIR FOLLICLE.

ok I'm glad I got that out. Hotsauce comment is so narrow minded, i am asian and right now my hair is in the process of growing an afro, not exactly the style i am screaming for. Hey Justin TImberlake had an afro didn't he?
Well enough said, a picture, a good hairstylist, and a perm equals to a great afro. I seen some people here who had afros even if the had straight or wavy hair. You just gotta to spend some money to keep it nice
ARGHH
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 6:00pm
The Bush Doctor back in the 70's, who was called an expert at froes cause he did a infomercial at turning a caucauasion womens hair into a fro. He used laundry detergent to break the bonds of her hair ( which a perm does as well) then teased it and shaped it into a fro.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

The Bush Doctor back in the 70's, who was called an expert at froes cause he did a infomercial at turning a caucauasion womens hair into a fro. He used laundry detergent to break the bonds of her hair ( which a perm does as well) then teased it and shaped it into a fro.

Wait....so how did he exactly do it? Because I am seriously willing to do anything to get afro hair, even damaging my hair...
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 9:39pm
The book did not go into details, it said he used some laundry detergent in a box and then washed it out, then teased and shaped her hair. Maybe you can do research on it or something.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

DeeDeeP View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDeeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 10:05pm
I'd love to know the specific details of this technique also....anyone know?
BlackBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by HOTSAUCE HOTSAUCE wrote:

No offense but you'll NEVER be able to grow a 'Fro cause you ain't black.I'm a female,I'm black and I can naturally grow a 'Fro effertlessly but if your hair is naturally straight like yours then good luck trying to achieve THAT look because it's NEVER gonna look like a real 'Fro.

Im a black female too,but you right
true true
BlackBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 1:26pm
[QUOTE=HOTSAUCE] No offense but you'll NEVER be able to grow a 'Fro cause you ain't black.I'm a female,I'm black and I can naturally grow a 'Fro effertlessly but if your hair is naturally straight like yours then good luck trying to achieve THAT look because it's NEVER gonna look like a real 'Fro.
[/Q

true]
gameface65 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gameface65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 9:58pm
so the only way i guess is to perm your hair?
! GUEST ! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ! GUEST ! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 2:23am
I've heard about that laundry detergint thing but idk how exactly it works, theres complications to it.
GanJa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GanJa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 12:15am
wouldnt we all.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic