Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ahhhh im tryin to gro a fro..tht wuld be awesome...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ahhhh im tryin to gro a fro..tht wuld be awesome...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
spatalian man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spatalian man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ahhhh im tryin to gro a fro..tht wuld be awesome...
    Posted: May 21 2004 at 11:10pm
nebody if u got sum sites or kullld tell me wut i culd do to get sum froness plz help a duude out
keLSe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keLSe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 2:01pm
HeyY wELl...If U wanT mY adviSE GO FOR tHe mIddLE LoOK bETweEN a FRO n STraiGHt hAIr, Get TEMpoRARY dREADS....tHERE alWAYS COoL and DIFferENt!!...jUsT mY OPiNIon :P
GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 3:17pm
I would really like to know to, I have asian type hair and would love to have African Afro type hair....Some white kid at my school got his hair to be like that, but he won't tell me how, anyone on here know how?
Wild Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 10:08pm
Hey, ok, the only way that u can get afro like hair when ur hair is straight is to get a perm, just go in and talk to the stylist for a few min, take a couple of pics of wat u want to give him/her an idea of wat kinda perm ull need, or they might tell u that u just cant get it, I know it sux but it might be true!!! then book ur appointment!!! Good~Luck
~*Rose*~

~Beauty rules are meant to be broken, and put back together in your own way~
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 5:42pm
No offense but you'll NEVER be able to grow a 'Fro cause you ain't black.I'm a female,I'm black and I can naturally grow a 'Fro effertlessly but if your hair is naturally straight like yours then good luck trying to achieve THAT look because it's NEVER gonna look like a real 'Fro.
ivynan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivynan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 8:13pm
hay spatalian man! i raed somewhere that you can wrap your hair in tin foil and it will curl. you should probably put some gel or something in it, or wrap it when it's almost dry. comb it with an afro comb. i don't know if this works, i've never tried it, my hair's to long. good luck if you try it!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2004 at 10:55am
Originally posted by HOTSAUCE HOTSAUCE wrote:

No offense but you'll NEVER be able to grow a 'Fro cause you ain't black.I'm a female,I'm black and I can naturally grow a 'Fro effertlessly but if your hair is naturally straight like yours then good luck trying to achieve THAT look because it's NEVER gonna look like a real 'Fro.

Not true. There are rare exceptions. An elementary schoolmate (girl), caucasian, had a huge 'fro (light reddish blonde).
catalope View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2004 at 1:14pm
To add to that some Pacific Islanders have huge afros. I've seen tons where I live.

So do Jewish people, Mexican people, Europeans.

Just look at the former band At the Drive-In (Texans and Mexicans)

hairgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 1:11am
i am doing that now put tight plats in it
k.woollard
GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2004 at 1:51am
wrap your hair in tin foil? I hardly doubt that will work....I really would like this hair also, and I myself have buck straight hair, and I have come to the conclusion there is NO WAY to make your hair "AFRO" like hair...
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2004 at 12:29pm
First tip on growing a fro: Don't make your subject lines annoyingly long, dear, that's what the actual message content is for ;)
LatinoHeat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatinoHeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 9:17am
How does that "Wrap your hair in tin-foil" technique work?
punkiemunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkiemunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2004 at 2:15pm
well i am a girl and my friend that is a guy just had his hair french braided and he took his braids out a few weeks later and it was a huge fro so there you go shwelcome
<p style=background:url
(http://members.hometown.aol.com/e
myspalaces/images/hateyou.gif);widt
h:117;height:85;>

Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ivynan ivynan wrote:

hay spatalian man! i raed somewhere that you can wrap your hair in tin foil and it will curl. you should probably put some gel or something in it, or wrap it when it's almost dry. comb it with an afro comb. i don't know if this works, i've never tried it, my hair's to long. good luck if you try it!

Could you please explain this with more detail/directions? Cause I have about 3 inches of hair and would like to try this...
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 12:39pm
GUEST MAN wrote:
I would really like to know to, I have asian type hair and would love to have African Afro type hair....Some white kid at my school got his hair to be like that, but he won't tell me how, anyone on here know how?

Someone else also mentioned perms. Asians don't do well with perms; it's rather contradictory. With the Asian hair type, scientifically it should be easier to perm Asian hair. But it isn't, and most Asian hair ends up fried after a trip to the salon for chemical processing... er.. overprocessing. "Some white kid", huh? Well he wasn't Asian with coarse porcupine hair like us!

"Some white kid" has a waay better time perming than any given Asian. While some Asian hair may "mold" well when wet (like when I braid or bun damp hair, I get major waves) the waves and curls only stay for a few hours. I was gonna mention letting your hair dry in tight thin braids down the length, but that is (a) time-consuming and (b) will probably only work for non-Asians.

AND it's only temporary. It's possible to have a "fro for a day" or even a couple weeks if one gets the right perm... but... Getting an afro is awful hard when you're not black. Hair gets rebellious when you try to make it something that it isn't.

Anais Satin
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 4:44pm
Hey now- ya'll no racial comments!!! Neways, dude, lol, get a perm and then tease your hair--- MAJORLY!! (Do u know what teasing is?) if not here's how:
1) pick up a strand of hair
2)get a comb and start brushing downward on the hair (like opposite of what u usually do)
3) do that to ur whole head
4) then when ur done, pick ur hair
5) and hairspray............ like the WHOLE bottle on ur head

I think this might work, hope it does!
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 5:01pm
Hey Y'all

For the record, I was not making a racial comment and I am sorry if anyone was offended. saying "some white kid" was my way of quoting another post. In our society we use the words "white" and "black" with no racial connotations (e.g. Black History Month, Black Music Awards, etc..)

and I am Asian... so any comments about my own race are not meant negatively either.

Again, I am sorry if anyone was offended.

Anais
macysdayparade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macysdayparade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 1:53am
My perm is growing out so my hair has slowly flattened.

What I do when I want an afro for a day is to curl my hair to the roots with a 5/8 (pencil sized) curling iron. Then I tease it and my hair triples in size.

You can use a crimper if you want to do it faster. The key is to tangle and tease your hair.

I have an even bigger afro then my African-American neighbors when I do this. It's very time consuming and you'll lose some hairs prematurely.

When you're done you'll look different. I've been told I look younger with an afro. Nice for a day, couldn't deal with it everyday though.

Good luck.
JorrellDAVIS69 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JorrellDAVIS69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 9:56pm
Uhh I already got tha natural nap so I dont kno if this technique be workin but i heard some where if you start from a clean cut n put rubbin alcohal in yo hair n curl activator gel daily like normal air gel mix or somethin yo hair will get dry get a lil wave n some nap as it grows out but idk if it be safe but if it works im glad for helpin yall nap lovers....peeaaCE
T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 11:23pm
basiclly the only way to do this is get a perm, unless ur willing to kill ur hair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic