Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

da wavy look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: da wavy look
    Posted: October 26 2004 at 4:03pm
hey, i woz wundrin bout this hair style dat ppl hav wich luks ded nice n i was wundrin how 2 do it properly.
ppl with both straight and wavy hair have it but da hairstyles like evenly wavy n it has dis wet look aswell,do u use mousse or wot n how do most ppl wave der hair 2 get a more positive luk? i hav a vague idea how to do it but not fully n this hair style seems to look really nice n its ded popular 2
if u no nefin bout it plz help me out
;)
yazz
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 10:33pm
Hehehe, ya u talkin bout da wavy look. Well i aint know how to do it but maybe sum1 els can help ya out hear. Good luck homie.
xXxMelissaxXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxMelissaxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 6:55am
Hey Gurl!!! omg i been wanting to no how to do that for ages..... all my friends do it all the time and there hair is like mine but mine has a lil curl to it but not realy... i alwayz ask my friends how to do it but they just say " when they get out of the shower, put gel in it and push it together and it was make the wave llook" but it never works!! i was wondering if tehre was any otehr way :S:S:
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 6:56pm
I believe that's called "scrunching".

Personally I prefer damp bunning, letting my hair dry in a bun for at least 8 hours. Then when I take it out, I can get anything from bouncy spiral curls to soft waves. It depends on how long the bun is left to dry, and depends on the hair type. The results are kind of unpredictable, but I like that....I've posted here about my basic method for wet/damp bunning:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP673892709&id=8392&sr1=&sr2=&ExMth=no#post9316

Just scroll up a wee bit.

As for the "wet look", I don't use hair hold products.. but many board members know a thing or two about gels and whatnot.

Hope this helps

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
BlackFate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackFate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 8:47pm
brush ur hair alot alot alot
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 1:39am
Hi Yazz. There's a forum on this board called Men's 360 Waves. Are those the kind of waves you're thinking of? If they are, that forum has instructions on how to get and maintain waves.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 1:43am
Hmm, theres alot of wave styles out there. Is the style u talking about seen on black people most of the time? Or it a wavy look that some mexicans and pr's can get?
Are you female or male?

If so check out mens 360 forums like she suggested above.
Link-http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/summary.asp?forum=AMB_AP875362979

jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 10:12pm
i got that wavy look twist
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 9:09pm
Actually.. what these girls were talking about was wavy hair. Damp bunning is a lot better on your hair than scrunching, but it really depends on your preference.

Scrunching can be done with most mousse (I've never had experience with Gel, sorry), and you'll need a difusser for your blow dryer. Basically, you bend over and throw your hair over, and you scrunch it while blowdrying.
boho_babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boho_babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 8:39am
I have trouble getting my hair looking wavy, not-too-try-hard without it looking bushy and frizzy but I would suggest these various ways:
1.) Sleep in two plaits on either side of your head when your hair is damp
2.) (If you have wavy hair) Let it dry naturally then use a smoothing serum when it's dry in the morning.
3.) Scrunch with mousse.
TIP: I've used a diffuser on my hair before but if yours if quite wavy anyway and thick, then avoid it because it gives your hair body and makes it quite bushy. But it looks great on people with smooth, silky hair.
Boys are cheats and liars,
They are a big disgrace,
They will tell you anything to get to second base-ball baseball,
He thinks he's gonna score,
If you let him go all the way,
Then you are a whore!!
(Jess and April from The Hot Chick)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic