Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how can i mimic CHARLIE SIMPSONS (lead singer from punk band BUSTED) hairstyle?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how can i mimic CHARLIE SIMPSONS (lead singer from punk band BUSTED) hairstyle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i mimic CHARLIE SIMPSONS (lead singer from punk band BUSTED) hairstyle?
    Posted: December 31 2004 at 3:51am
hey people...well heres the deal, im 18 i have naturally straight blak hair (or very very very dark brown lol) and i was thinking of sporting a new long and textured layered and messy haircut exactly like charlie simpson, people have told me i somewhat resemble charlie and to grow my hair out and see how it goes. Im not quite sure how to post ne pics up here so if ne1 cud help that wud be greatly appreciated, or if i cud send it to sum1;s email and have sum1 post it up for me that wud be sweet too, thx...once the photos r up ill show u a pic of me a my current hairstyle and a pic of charlie simpsons hairstyle that i wud like to mimic, ne feedbak or comments wud be greatly appreciated as soon as i sumhow get the pics up...lol thx people!
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 3:57am
my email is flipmunk@hotmail.com...forgot to add that in the last post...lol
people plz help ME!!!
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 4:05am
lol....one more thing...thats me in the pic on the right...thats the best i cud do at showing a pic, now all i need to show ya guys is a pic of charlie simpson and his hairdo..if only sum1 wud help me......
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 6:49am
pic of me on the left...lol not the right :P aight ima just keep quite now and wait for sum feedbak...lol
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 6:37pm
Are you talkin about this?

To me, your hair looks very similar to his as is.

Unless you're talkin about some other cut of his..
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 12:43am
nah its slightly different to that, but that style there is awosme!! i wudnt mind doing that one either...
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 12:46am
his hair atm, is long and he has bangs covering his eyes down to his nose, with the sides sticking out (wings)
horace View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 4:59pm
for a start, busted are so not punk, they are pop, and i really hate them, just my opinion though. I think you'll need to work on growing your hair a bit longer for starters. Thats probablly quite good, so you can have more length to play with and try different things on and i am a great believer in guys with longer hair. I can see a sllight resemblance of charlie from your pic, so the look will probablly work for you, if thats what you really want. Just be adventurous and imaginative. Well, theres my small, pathetic input.
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 6:04pm
lol, thx horace, my hair is slightly longer than the one in the pic on the left now so im tryign new stuff, its heeps easy to mold n style my hair the way i want it but to get the wings from the side is a bit tricky...plus wots the name of this cut called?
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 6:09pm
nolovenoglory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nolovenoglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 7:21pm
Give your hair some time and grow it out, just bring the picture to a professioal hair stylist and tell the stylist that is the exact style you are looking for, they should give you a similar style. you'll definatley need a straightening iron to keep the style in place if your hair is pretty straight it won't need much assistance but if your hair is wavy/curly you would need to spend more time on it, also ask the stylist for reccomened products to maintain the style because the pic looks like he used styling pomenade or gel.
hope i helped
-take care
kevvosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevvosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 8:12am
Are Busted popular in Aus now then?

BTW I'm trying to get James from Busted hair. Apparently Charlie may leave Busted to be in his other, more 'serious' band and that Busted are going to split. Speculation tho.
horace View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 1:02pm
YES!!! they split up, sorry I just want to share my happiness!!!
kevvosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevvosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 6:55am
Meanie
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 11:56pm
nah no1 knows who the hell busted are over here in australia, not very well known at all...
Malice343 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malice343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 6:05pm
Hi ecto1986

I really like that kind of hair in your display pic, thats exactly what im looking for. Can you tell me what you told ur stylist to do and how you maintain that look? Thanks in advance :)

(having my hair cut in 2 days, so a speedy reply would be great :D Thanks)
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 10:56pm
hye malice..well its pretty simple to do dude...

firslty as u can see from my pic i had my entire head of hair bleached ash blonde cos my natural hair is blak which makes me look goth/punk cos i got realli white skin lol.
In terms of the style/cut just tell ur stylist u wud like to have ur hair spikey/messy look and ask him to cut ur hair using scissors all over (even the bak of the head) and NO RAZOR! also in that pic of me that u can see i have the front spikes/bangs woteva u wanna call it a tad longer than the rest of my hair so ask ur stylist to keep the front slightly longer than the rest of ur hair.
In terms of shaping and maitning ur hair, easy! i use a product called Brazen medium hold hair goop (not quite a gel, not quite a wax) and use a descent amount spread allover (btw apply this stuff to slightly damp hair) and then get a towel and mix and rub ur hair around with it, once u take the towel off itll be all oiver the place then just add the finishing spikes at the front with ur fingers and ur set! ohhh and when i was sporting this hairstyle i was getting my roots done once every 6 weeks.
hope that helped
Malice343 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malice343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 3:44am
Cool man, that helps ALOT thanks for your speedy reply :)
Triss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:17pm
Hey i think the pic you have of that guy is...well a no no. the one that Del Piero sent is way hotter believe me! but ya if you are gonna go that blonde you should do sumthin bout your eyebrows. they are way too brown for that blonde of hair! well hope that worked! if you have any other questions email me trissa2007@yahoo.com
triss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:23pm
o ya and if you do take my advice of just goin with Del's pic (the one he sent) then you wont have to do nething with your eyebrows! exciting huh lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic