Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlight setting lotion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ilse View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: light setting lotion
    Posted: January 05 2000 at 10:33am
Hi,

Thank you, Alli and Kelly. The steam rollers work great!
I found out however that I need something in my hair to hold the curl longer. Does anyone know of light setting lotions or something that would work for this purpose that is OK for chemical sensitive and allergic people?
Ilse
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 2:26pm
Hi Ilse! I'm so glad you liked the steam rollers. They are terrific! As for a setting lotion or something to help hold the curl, I would opt for a good gel or mousse. One of my favorites is ARTEC's volumizing gel. You could try something like that and make sure you put a little at the ends. I've tried traditional types of setting lotions (sprays) and it made my hair hard and crunchy when I unrolled it, as well as making it stick to the foam roller. Maybe it was just my experience. I think Ally (?) suggested using Sebastian's Potion No.9 as a light setting lotion. You could try that, but for me, I think it would be too "conditioning" and would weigh my hair down too much. I think I mentioned this already, but light hold hairspray works well on my ends & will give a little extra holding power too. Experiment around & see what works for you. I'm glad you like them though! :) Kelly F.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic