Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPretty Smelling Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mossflower View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mossflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pretty Smelling Hair
    Posted: January 08 2000 at 7:20pm
What do you put in your hair to make it smell nice? I know putting perfume on it isn't good for hair, so are there any products that will make hair smell nice? It would help if it's easy to find in a salon, drugstore, or a beauty supply store. Or do most people prefer thier hair to smell like nothing?
Firegarnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firegarnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2000 at 3:06pm
Hi Mossflower!
Actually, whatever conditioner/shampoo combination I've used to wash my hair usually gives it a distict aroma. If I can't stand the smell of the conditioner, for example, or the shampoo (like my AO Swimmer's Shampoo experience) I just don't use the product very much. I don't even wear perfume and my boyfriend says that he prefers the smell of my hair to perfume. ;-) I'm sorry that I don't know of any other products that give hair a nice smell. Good luck on finding one! ;-)

Firegarnet
KarenShelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenShelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2000 at 3:50pm
Hi,

There are actually products designed to give hair "an aroma" I have notes about it in Hair News I think. I will look it up and post it.

In the meantime...I want to share an interesting "hair smell" story. About 8 years ago I was working for this company in Dallas. One day a woman stopped me and asked me "what do you use on your hair" because she smelled my hair when I walked by. I thought it was a weird question. But at the time I was using Aveda's Cherry Almond Bark conditioner and Aveda Shampure shampoo. The Almond Bark had a very incredible aroma of cherries and almonds. Anyway, this woman went out and starting using the products and I could smell her hair, although I could not smell my own (I guess you get used to your own scents). The funny thing is that I thought her hair smelled better than mine. :-)

That women left the company after about 5 years and I just left 3 months. Right after I had quit working there I went to a party and this woman was at the party. Across the room, she said....What did you do to your hair? It smells different.....of course everyone thought we were weird, but I had switch to all ARTec. She told me that my hair now had a faint coffee scent. Which is interesting because the ARTec Moisture PAK has real coffee thingys in the conditioner.

So I agree with FireGarnet....the right shampoo & conditioner will give your hair a wonder aroma. I will post the info that I promised though....later.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic