Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed explanation and advice quickly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need explanation and advice quickly
    Posted: January 10 2000 at 2:38pm
I am getting my hair cut on Wed. 1/12/00 and I don't know what to do with the back. I am getting my hair (which is slightly layered) cut into a bob just past the bottom of my ears and I need to know what to tell the stylist to do with the back. I have heard of stacked, tapered, graduated, buzzed, etc. What is the difference and which would look best with my short bob? I want something with movement. Please help me.
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:47am
Hi,
if I were you I would get the back buzzed off to a number 4(1/2 inch long), as this looks great on guys & leaves the rest of your bob to swing around, tapering & graduating are really just terms for slightly different layering, & stacking just tends to push up the underneath of your hair to make it appear thicker, anyway you can always get the hairdresser to show you different variations of these styles & if you want to go with the buzz always ask for explaination on the numbers as they go from 0 to 7- it is up to you.

Good Luck,
Simone.(C). :)
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 8:01am
Hi,
I replied to this post - in depth, did I post it wrong??

Simone.(C). :)
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2000 at 11:10am
Simone,
Thanks for the advice. I am getting a trim tomorrow 2/23/00 and I was wondering how to tell my stylist what I want and how far up in the back to go with the clippers. The cut you described sounded like what I want because I love for my hair to swing and have movement. Also, right now my hair is in a layered bob but I really want to go for a one length look just below my ears. What is your take on that? Should I go for it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic