Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs Hot Oil Really A Good Idea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Hot Oil Really A Good Idea?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
My hair has recently gotten quite dry from the winter months that are still dragging on in my part of the country. I tried a hot oil treatment to try and condition my hair. Unfortunately after I washed my hair.... all the hot oil seemed to do was flatten my hair and attract more dirt. Does hot oil treatments REALLY work and which are the best ones on the market?Love the new look of the site.Leslie
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
yes, hot oil treatements really work. i tried alberto vo5 and my hair is great. the oil didn't make my hair dirty because i used it before the shampoo. try alberto vo5 hot oil treatment.
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I find the best results from oil treatments is the vegetable based oils. We habe seen best results from jojoba oil, because is can be so easily absorbed, even without heat. Recomendation: Aveda Beautyfing Oil. Serveral drops distributed thru the length and left in for 20 min. or all night. This has given my clients the best results. Note: I have not seen an ingredients list on any of those hot oil products.
Kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Dear Jim Butchee,I just bought the Aveda Beautifying oil and it is great. It is not too oily and doesn't make my hair sticky like some oils.Thanks for the tip.Kathy
Kathy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic