Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Searching desparately for advise on a new style
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSearching desparately for advise on a new style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching desparately for advise on a new style
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I (like everyone else with curly hair) has been fighting my hair all my life and I am seeking advise on what to try next. I have fairly long (past my shoulders) fine, thick, wavy hair. I have tried all kinds of cuts from really short to very long but have not found one I can manage and that looks professional and is easy to maintain. I prefer it long so I can put it up when I go out etc; but when it is long I have a hard time keeping it neat looking for work so I end up cliping it up with barettes or a head band or something rather non-executive looking. Most stylists end up giving me the same hair cut because they can't manage it either. They usually layer the top at about four inches with longer layers down the back. That helps give me more volume on top (otherwise it just goes flat due to the weight) but then I have to blow dry it all the time and God forbid it should be a humid day or my bangs will shrink up and look like a brillo pad on my forehead while the rest of my hair is long. Does any one have any recomendations for a new cut or style?
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Diana,Here are some thoughts for a new style for your current hair.First of all, try and let all the different layers grow out to one uniform length. This will give you more options for new styles that will work better.Also, my Hair Video 3 has a special french twist that I designed especially for business wear and your hair as you described it would probably work well with this style.A french twist can offer a lot of versatility for business wear and works with all types of hair textures. If your layers are a problem, you can wear them as short wisps or tendrils framing the face or the nape of your neck.Thanks for visiting the site.Best Wishes,Jim Butchee
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Hello dear, Yes do it up in a twist, or braid it French Braiding is nice...
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I have thick, wavy hair too. Layers are the way to go, and long hair is too bulky if you have thick hair.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I have very thick and very wavy hair. If you go to the Gallery and start with #29 for August...I have the thick blonde hair. Jim Butchee has been working on my hair for 10 years and helped me grow it from below my shoulders (and very very damaged) to below my waist and very shiny and healthy.I have no layers. I do have bangs and a tiny wedge on the side of my face so I can play with gels and wisps and all kinds of new looks.I do not recommend layers and I am sure Jim would agree with me.Thick, wavy hair can be grown and beautiful and long as you want.I would be glad to share my personal experiences with long, wavy hair.Best wishes,Karen (LHV)
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic