Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWell Water Washing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well Water Washing
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I love this! My hair is to my waist and lately I have been so tempted to cut it all off. But then...I came across your site. Now I really want to grow it long, long, long. Many people tell me my hair is beautiful; but I know that it could look better. My question is: What about the water I wash my hair with. We have well water with quite a bit of minerals. Can this affect the health of my hair?
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Shirley,First of all......congratulations on your decision to grow your hair long, long, long. That is so great.As far as the well water and your hair........Yes....the well water can have an impact both positive or negative depending on the composition of the water. Some well water is ok while otherwell water may not be.It has to be something you determine for yourself. You may want to experiement by washing your hair in distilled water versus various spring waters to determine the way your hair looks and feels.Any type of water...well or municipal or spring... that has lots of chemicals can definitely cause problems for your hair.Also...any municipal water that has a lot of softener added can leave a slight layer on your hair. It is difficult to get all of the softener out of your hair sometimes.It is always good to experiement with different types of water to get your own sense of what is the best water for you. It is even better if you can get a chemical analysis of the water you use...but that is often difficult to come by.You might try experiementing. Based on the way the different waters feel you can adjust with the type of shampoo & conditioner you use along with the frequency.Regards.Karen Shelton
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
RobbbiMarie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobbbiMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Hi, I live in a rural area and we have a private well also After having the water tested , we found there is a high calcium magnisium content and the PH is good at 7. I was told by professionals that bringing your hair back down to a Ph of 4 is recommended so I buy hair care products that specifically state the Ph on the lable .. I also use a good clarifying shampoo every couple weeks to remove any residue that may build up from minerals. I hope this info helps in some way. Since I started using the right products , my hair is super shiney and managable !! Good luck to you !!! Robbi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic