Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgrowing long hair and straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jdc943@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdc943@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing long hair and straightening
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Hi! I'm trying to grow my hair long (it's at shoulder length now). I've been taking vitamins off and on. But when my hair airdries I can't seem to control the natural waves to strighten out more around the ears and sometimes me hair will tighten into long stright curls. Any suggestions? My hair is somewhat natural wavy and dries out quick. And coarse.
kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
You may wish to try drying on large "juice can" rollers. This has the dual effect of straightening your hair as well as giving it some body at the top which is MY beef about having tightly wavy coarse, thick, hair. :-) Most of all, be patient. I usually hate my hair until it gets to waist length because at that point the weight will do much to straighten it.
jdc943 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdc943 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Thanks for the tip Kitty. Have you ever heard of a straightening balm for straightening hair? They have one at Trade Secrets. Haven't tried it but I guess it is kind of like a perm where you put it in once every 6mo. or so. What do you think or have you heard of such a product?
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
I would like to the name of that straighteing balm and does it chemcially damage hair?? thanks
Rita (:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic