Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed Advice - Sick of my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kristie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice - Sick of my hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Just a small P.S. to my above message:My e-mail address has changed, so if you want to e-mail your response I can be reached at: toonces@aros.netSorry for the inconvenience. Kristie
Kristie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Hello all!Before I get into my complaints, I want to congratulate you on the great website. I'm very impressed (and jealous) of those that have had success with growing their hair long. :)Now my questions: I'm 22 years old and have mid-shoulder blade length hair. It's medium brown in color, naturally straight, and thin/fine in texture. I've been trying to grow it long for what seems like forever.1. For ages and ages I would brush my hair out while it was wet. But, at the beginning of this year, I wised up on that and started using a pick. I try to be very gentle with the pick, but it seems like no matter what I do I end up breaking some of my hair. I've wondered if this is because it's so fine naturally, or if it's because I'm not taking care of it correctly. Anyway, as a result, I always have little flyaways throughout the body of my hair. This is annoying particularly because every time I get my hair trimmed (usually every 8 to 12 weeks) the stylist (a different one every time) feels like she has to point out that my hair is "extremely" damamged. How can I stop this breakage?2. As I mentioned, my hair is thin/fine in texture. Now, I've been told by many people with thick, uncontrollable hair that this is a blessing. But, I have a hard time with it because no matter what I do it looks limp and lifeless, and has a tendency to just hang against my face. Is there anything I can do so that it has more body?3. I need some GOOD - preferably professional - advice on hair care products. I've been using Nexxus products with some success but lately it seems like they're building up and not doing any good. I've been using the "Therappe" shampoo and "Ensure" conditioner daily, with the "Aloe Rid" clarifying shampoo once a week. The other day I was wondering what the difference really was between the Therappe and a cheap drug store shampoo my husband likes. I was mad to find out that, except for some different fruit extracts, the two were virtually the same - order of ingredients and all. I was left to wonder why I should spend $10 on a bottle of "good" shampoo that is no different from his $2 "cheap" stuff. Then I started wondering if this is just the case with "chain store" hair salon products, and not stuff like Aveda. As you can see, I'm very confused and feeling a little ripped-off. Would someone please explain to me the virtues of spending up to 5 times on a shampoo that's "superior?" I want to take the best possible care of my hair without feeling like I've been taken for a ride.Thanks for taking the time to read through this and answer any questions. I appreciate all the advice you can give me.Thanks! Kristie robnkre@aros.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic